-   -   EPEL 5 vitality (http://www.linux-archive.org/epel-development/606951-epel-5-vitality.html)

Leon Fauster 12-06-2011 09:38 AM

EPEL 5 vitality

Hi all,

first at all - thanks for providing this enterprise repository!

I just want to ask about the "vitality" of the EPEL 5 repo.

E.g.:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/x86_64/repoview/libstatgrab.html

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/6/x86_64/repoview/libstatgrab.html

I thought that, if a package is in general also a EPEL package, then it is
build for all supported distributions. Of course, if the requires/dependencies of
a newer distro would make this "impossible", that this rebuild would be queued or excluded.

Just curious about the policy.

Thanks
LF

Manuel Wolfshant 12-06-2011 09:46 AM

EPEL 5 vitality

first at all - thanks for providing this enterprise repository!

I just want to ask about the "vitality" of the EPEL 5 repo.

E.g.:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/x86_64/repoview/libstatgrab.html

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/6/x86_64/repoview/libstatgrab.html

I thought that, if a package is in general also a EPEL package, then it is
build for all supported distributions.
The packages are built depending on the will of their maintainers. IF (
and only if ) there is a maintainer, there might be a package.
Therefore, depending on the interest of the maintainers, built attempts
exist ( or not )

Leon Fauster 12-06-2011 10:08 AM

EPEL 5 vitality

Hi Manuel,

Am 06.12.2011 um 11:46 schrieb Manuel Wolfshant:
> On 12/06/2011 12:38 PM, Leon Fauster wrote:
>
>> I just want to ask about the "vitality" of the EPEL 5 repo.
>>
>> E.g.:
>>
>> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/x86_64/repoview/libstatgrab.html
>>
>> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/6/x86_64/repoview/libstatgrab.html
>>

>> I thought that, if a package is in general also a EPEL package, then it is
>> build for all supported distributions.
>

> The packages are built depending on the will of their maintainers. IF ( and
> only if ) there is a maintainer, there might be a package. Therefore, depending
> on the interest of the maintainers, built attempts exist ( or not )

Thanks for this information.

__
LF