-   -   Info Request: Package exists in Fedora but not in EPEL (http://www.linux-archive.org/epel-development/605484-info-request-package-exists-fedora-but-not-epel.html)

Nelson Manuel Marques 12-02-2011 12:56 PM

Info Request: Package exists in Fedora but not in EPEL

Hi all,

I'm consulting the more experienced contributors on this list regarding
a package that I would love to see in EPEL, this package is libunwind.

This package already exists on Fedora, but not in EPEL (or I failed to
find it).

What would be normal procedures to make it 'land' on EPEL? I don't mind
maintaining it, though I believe at some point it's a bit of overkill to
have 2 people maintaining 2 pakcages (libunwind), one in Fedora and
other in EPEL.

What's the best thing to do in this cases (comtemplate alternatives
please).

Best Regards,
Nelson Marques

Paul Howarth 12-02-2011 01:10 PM

Info Request: Package exists in Fedora but not in EPEL

I'm consulting the more experienced contributors on this list regarding
a package that I would love to see in EPEL, this package is libunwind.

This package already exists on Fedora, but not in EPEL (or I failed to
find it).

What would be normal procedures to make it 'land' on EPEL? I don't mind
maintaining it, though I believe at some point it's a bit of overkill to
have 2 people maintaining 2 pakcages (libunwind), one in Fedora and
other in EPEL.

What's the best thing to do in this cases (comtemplate alternatives
please).

See:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_a_Fedora_package_in_EPEL

Paul.