FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > EPEL Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Nelson Manuel Marques
 
Default Question: Darwin Streaming Server

Hi all,

Does EPEL accept packages licensed as Apple Public Source License v2
[1]. I was interested in maintaining Darwin Streaming Server [2] in a
repository that has a bugzilla/jira/whatever. Eventually EPEL
(preferred) or RPMFusion for Fedora and EL5/EL6.

There's no big story behind it, just that I need to maintain it for my
employer and could be interesting to maintain it on one of the mirrors
we use, eventually more people might like it and such option would most
likely improve the quality of the package because of the more demanding
packaging quality required.

In case this is possible, what's the standard procedure to start the
process ?

Thanks in advance.


Best Regards,
Nelson Marques

[1] - http://www.opensource.apple.com/apsl/
[2] - http://dss.macosforge.org/

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 11-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Paul Howarth
 
Default Question: Darwin Streaming Server

On 11/23/2011 11:41 AM, Nelson Manuel Marques wrote:

Hi all,

Does EPEL accept packages licensed as Apple Public Source License v2
[1].



Yes, it's in the "Good licenses"list:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main#Software_License_List

> I was interested in maintaining Darwin Streaming Server [2] in a

repository that has a bugzilla/jira/whatever. Eventually EPEL
(preferred) or RPMFusion for Fedora and EL5/EL6.

There's no big story behind it, just that I need to maintain it for my
employer and could be interesting to maintain it on one of the mirrors
we use, eventually more people might like it and such option would most
likely improve the quality of the package because of the more demanding
packaging quality required.

In case this is possible, what's the standard procedure to start the
process ?


http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_Package_Maintainers

Paul.

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 11-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Nelson Manuel Marques
 
Default Question: Darwin Streaming Server

Paul,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will wait for the reviews of the
packages I've got currently submitted to Fedora and for access to Fedora
Packagers group before I move with Darwin Streaming Server request to
EPEL.


Information was most helpful, sorry for the slack.

NM




On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 12:00 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On 11/23/2011 11:41 AM, Nelson Manuel Marques wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does EPEL accept packages licensed as Apple Public Source License v2
> > [1].
>
>
> Yes, it's in the "Good licenses"list:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main#Software_License_List
>
> > I was interested in maintaining Darwin Streaming Server [2] in a
> > repository that has a bugzilla/jira/whatever. Eventually EPEL
> > (preferred) or RPMFusion for Fedora and EL5/EL6.
> >
> > There's no big story behind it, just that I need to maintain it for my
> > employer and could be interesting to maintain it on one of the mirrors
> > we use, eventually more people might like it and such option would most
> > likely improve the quality of the package because of the more demanding
> > packaging quality required.
> >
> > In case this is possible, what's the standard procedure to start the
> > process ?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_Package_Maintainers
>
> Paul.
>
> _______________________________________________
> epel-devel-list mailing list
> epel-devel-list@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list


_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:02 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org