-   -   Question: Darwin Streaming Server (http://www.linux-archive.org/epel-development/601656-question-darwin-streaming-server.html)

Nelson Manuel Marques 11-23-2011 10:41 AM

Question: Darwin Streaming Server

Hi all,

Does EPEL accept packages licensed as Apple Public Source License v2
[1]. I was interested in maintaining Darwin Streaming Server [2] in a
repository that has a bugzilla/jira/whatever. Eventually EPEL
(preferred) or RPMFusion for Fedora and EL5/EL6.

There's no big story behind it, just that I need to maintain it for my
employer and could be interesting to maintain it on one of the mirrors
we use, eventually more people might like it and such option would most
likely improve the quality of the package because of the more demanding
packaging quality required.

In case this is possible, what's the standard procedure to start the
process ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Nelson Marques

[1] - http://www.opensource.apple.com/apsl/
[2] - http://dss.macosforge.org/

Paul Howarth 11-23-2011 11:00 AM

Question: Darwin Streaming Server

Does EPEL accept packages licensed as Apple Public Source License v2
[1].

Yes, it's in the "Good licenses"list:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main#Software_License_List

> I was interested in maintaining Darwin Streaming Server [2] in a

repository that has a bugzilla/jira/whatever. Eventually EPEL
(preferred) or RPMFusion for Fedora and EL5/EL6.

There's no big story behind it, just that I need to maintain it for my
employer and could be interesting to maintain it on one of the mirrors
we use, eventually more people might like it and such option would most
likely improve the quality of the package because of the more demanding
packaging quality required.

In case this is possible, what's the standard procedure to start the
process ?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_Package_Maintainers

Paul.

Nelson Manuel Marques 11-23-2011 02:02 PM

Question: Darwin Streaming Server

Paul,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will wait for the reviews of the
packages I've got currently submitted to Fedora and for access to Fedora
Packagers group before I move with Darwin Streaming Server request to
EPEL.

Information was most helpful, sorry for the slack.

NM