Old 11-23-2011, 01:53 AM
BJ Dierkes

Default yum-cron in EL 6.1, not in CentOS 6.0

Hello,

I was happy to see yum-cron ported to EL 6.1, however I was disappointed to find (just now) that its been removed from EPEL 6 before making it to CentOS 6. Am I missing something, or do all yum-cron users just need to wait for CentOS to pull it? Any chance we can update the policy/docs/etc regarding not removing packages from EPEL until they are in both RHEL and CentOS?

Maybe something for the next EPEL SIG meeting, unfortunately I won't be able to attend it.

---
derks