Old 11-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Nelson Manuel Marques

Default rpmlint (EPEL) for EL5

Hi all,

EPEL provides rpmlint for EL5 (version 0.94 if I'm not mistaken). I've tried to install it on a test machine (RHEL 5.5) and it doesn't install because it fails to resolve dependencies, xz. I don't believe xz is provided by RHEL repositories, and it seems it's not also provided by EPEL.

Package fails to install. What are the normal procedures to get this fixed? I would assume that using a conditional to check the version and include the xz dependency only for RHEL6 or superior would do the trick, as an example:

%if 0%{?rhel_version} >= 6
Requires: xz
%endif

Bug reports for EPEL are submitted on bugzilla.redhat.com?

Best regards,
Nelson Marques

--
Nelson Manuel O. Marques