FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > EPEL Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-05-2011, 04:01 AM
"Michael A. Peters"
 
Default Intro - + php-pecl packages

Hi All,

Many moons ago I was a fedora packager (using mpeters@mac.com - but
Apple started charging too much and taking away stuff, like webdav
support) but I am not a packager any more. Just don't have the time, nor
do I even use Fedora now (CentOS servers, Ubuntu desktop, got sick and
tired of frequent re-installs when Fedora supported lifetime shrank)

At any rate, currently development what I think is a novel CMS targeting
RHEL/CentOS platforms. RHEL 6 was a major plus because my CMS needs php
5.3.x and I thus do not need to replace system php for it to run.

There are however two pecl modules it uses that are not packaged or
maintained by either Fedora or EPEL -

php-pecl-bbcode (parses bbcode like syntax)
php-pecl-uploadprogress (allows php to signal javascript upload progress
bar)

I have spec files that have worked for me in CentOS 5 and now CentOS 6
but like I stated, I really have no interest in becoming a Fedora
packager to get them into Fedora and then EPEL.

Is there a particular packager I should contact who I can send my spec
files to who may be willing to maintain them and start the process of
getting them into Fedora so they can get into EPEL?

I would add it to the Fedora wish list myself, but unfortunately when
going through the process of getting an account (which was a PITA - took
several times before I got the letters right in the bot screener, I
*HATE* those - bots can read them better than some people) it required a
phone number for me to agree to the `Fedora Project Contributor
Agreement' and I'm sorry, but I pay for every call and every text and do
not like my phone number spread out across random databases no matter
how secure they say they are, so I guess I can't agree to the agreement
and thus can't add those to the wish list. (requiring phone number is
dumb policy)


Thanks,

Michael A. Peters

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 10-05-2011, 05:04 AM
Remi Collet
 
Default Intro - + php-pecl packages

Le 05/10/2011 06:01, Michael A. Peters a écrit :
> There are however two pecl modules it uses that are not packaged or
> maintained by either Fedora or EPEL -
>
> php-pecl-bbcode (parses bbcode like syntax)
> php-pecl-uploadprogress (allows php to signal javascript upload progress
> bar)

I will have a look to this extensions.

But for uploadprogress, I'm used to work with APC which provides the
same function (but it's not a drop in replacement).

So there is some risk than the extensions conflicts when both installed

Remi.

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 10-05-2011, 02:49 PM
"Michael A. Peters"
 
Default Intro - + php-pecl packages

Remi Collet wrote:

Le 05/10/2011 06:01, Michael A. Peters a écrit :

There are however two pecl modules it uses that are not packaged or
maintained by either Fedora or EPEL -

php-pecl-bbcode (parses bbcode like syntax)
php-pecl-uploadprogress (allows php to signal javascript upload progress
bar)


I will have a look to this extensions.

But for uploadprogress, I'm used to work with APC which provides the
same function (but it's not a drop in replacement).


Yes, I had forgotten that apc does the same thing.
Back when I started using uploadprogress, it was because APC had an
issue with suhosin (resolved I believe) and it had a problem with the
pear MDB2 package (which I don't think is resolved).


I'm using PDO now instead of MDB2 and I'm using APC for content caching.
The uploadprogress module still works, it does not break with APC
loaded, but I had forgotten APC does the same thing. So I won't need
uploadprogress progress, I'll change my code to use APC.




So there is some risk than the extensions conflicts when both installed

Remi.


_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 10-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Remi Collet
 
Default Intro - + php-pecl packages

Le 05/10/2011 07:04, Remi Collet a écrit :
> Le 05/10/2011 06:01, Michael A. Peters a écrit :
>> php-pecl-bbcode (parses bbcode like syntax)
> I will have a look to this extensions.

What an awfull upstream...

- license is PHP
- upstream seems dead http://www.bmco.be/
- last stable version 1.0.2 from 2008
- last beta version 1.0.3b1 from 2010
- 1.0.3b1 reports as 1.1.0-dev
- 12 open bugs
- partial bundled library bbcode2 (BSD)
- partial bundled library bstring (BSD or GPLv2)

This will requires so much work...
Don't even know if it will be acceptable for fedora/EPEL repository...


Remi.

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 10-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Remi Collet
 
Default Intro - + php-pecl packages

Le 05/10/2011 07:04, Remi Collet a écrit :
> Le 05/10/2011 06:01, Michael A. Peters a écrit :
>> php-pecl-bbcode (parses bbcode like syntax)
> I will have a look to this extensions.

What an awfull upstream...

- license is PHP
- upstream seems dead http://www.bmco.be/
- last stable version 1.0.2 from 2008
- last beta version 1.0.3b1 from 2010
- 1.0.3b1 reports as 1.1.0-dev
- 12 open bugs
- partial bundled library bbcode2 (BSD)
- partial bundled library bstring (BSD or GPLv2)

This will requires so much work...
Don't even know if it will be acceptable for fedora/EPEL repository...


Remi.

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 10-05-2011, 05:07 PM
"Michael A. Peters"
 
Default Intro - + php-pecl packages

Remi Collet wrote:

Le 05/10/2011 07:04, Remi Collet a écrit :

Le 05/10/2011 06:01, Michael A. Peters a écrit :

php-pecl-bbcode (parses bbcode like syntax)

I will have a look to this extensions.


What an awfull upstream...

- license is PHP
- upstream seems dead http://www.bmco.be/
- last stable version 1.0.2 from 2008
- last beta version 1.0.3b1 from 2010
- 1.0.3b1 reports as 1.1.0-dev
- 12 open bugs
- partial bundled library bbcode2 (BSD)
- partial bundled library bstring (BSD or GPLv2)

This will requires so much work...
Don't even know if it will be acceptable for fedora/EPEL repository...


Some of those bugs look like feature / support requests, but his blog
hasn't been updated in awhile and his last tweet is from April, so he
may be MIA. Too bad, it's a good parser, at least in my opinion.





Remi.

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list


_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 10-05-2011, 05:07 PM
"Michael A. Peters"
 
Default Intro - + php-pecl packages

Remi Collet wrote:

Le 05/10/2011 07:04, Remi Collet a écrit :

Le 05/10/2011 06:01, Michael A. Peters a écrit :

php-pecl-bbcode (parses bbcode like syntax)

I will have a look to this extensions.


What an awfull upstream...

- license is PHP
- upstream seems dead http://www.bmco.be/
- last stable version 1.0.2 from 2008
- last beta version 1.0.3b1 from 2010
- 1.0.3b1 reports as 1.1.0-dev
- 12 open bugs
- partial bundled library bbcode2 (BSD)
- partial bundled library bstring (BSD or GPLv2)

This will requires so much work...
Don't even know if it will be acceptable for fedora/EPEL repository...


Some of those bugs look like feature / support requests, but his blog
hasn't been updated in awhile and his last tweet is from April, so he
may be MIA. Too bad, it's a good parser, at least in my opinion.





Remi.

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list


_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:04 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org