Old 09-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

Default Need to remove packages in epel-testing

Hi looks like we have packages which over-ride the Red Hat provided
ones in epel-testing:

libv4l i686 0.8.3-2.el6 epel-testing 108 k
libv4l x86_64 0.8.3-2.el6 epel-testing 110 k

are both newer than the ones in RHEL-main and should not be pushed. to EPEL.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren

Old 09-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:39:55 -0600
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi looks like we have packages which over-ride the Red Hat provided
> ones in epel-testing:
>

> libv4l i686 0.8.3-2.el6
> epel-testing 108 k libv4l x86_64
> 0.8.3-2.el6 epel-testing 110 k
>
> are both newer than the ones in RHEL-main and should not be pushed.
> to EPEL.

Looks like this is a subpackage of v4l-utils

Not sure if just that subpackage needs to go, or the entire v4l-utils,
but it does have an owner.

kevin

Old 09-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 10:07, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:39:55 -0600
> Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi looks like we have packages which over-ride the Red Hat provided
>> ones in epel-testing:
>>

>> libv4l * * * * *i686 * * * * *0.8.3-2.el6
>> epel-testing * * * *108 k libv4l * * * * *x86_64
>> 0.8.3-2.el6 * * * * * *epel-testing * * * *110 k
>>
>> are both newer than the ones in RHEL-main and should not be pushed.
>> to EPEL.
>
> Looks like this is a subpackage of v4l-utils
>
> Not sure if just that subpackage needs to go, or the entire v4l-utils,
> but it does have an owner.

Ah I wonder why I got an orphan for looking for libv4l. The v4l-utils
requires libv4l so I don't think it can go into EPEL at 0.8.3 without
some sort of repackaging.

> kevin

Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren

Old 09-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:25:04 -0600
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah I wonder why I got an orphan for looking for libv4l. The v4l-utils
> requires libv4l so I don't think it can go into EPEL at 0.8.3 without
> some sort of repackaging.

There is an old libv4l package, but it doesn't seem to have any recent
branches.

kevin