Old 08-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Karel Volný

Default qt-devel in EPEL?

Hi,

I've tried to rebuild qmmp for RHEL6 in mock on Fedora 15 and
I've found there's a little problem ... I'm getting qt3-devel
installed, despite the fact that it buildrequires qt-devel >= 4.2

Trying scratch-build in koji ends the same:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=3291184&name=root.log

However, rebuilding the same source package on my RHEL6 system
goes without any problem - feeding the dependencies to yum
manually, I get qt-devel-4.6.2-17.el6

# yum list qt-devel
Installed Packages
qt-devel.x86_64
1:4.6.2-17.el6
@rhel-x86_64-server-6
Available Packages
qt-devel.i686
1:4.6.2-17.el6
rhel-x86_64-server-6

So new enough qt-devel is in the base RHEL-6 Server channel(*),
why it isn't available in the buildroot? Any explanations, hints?

(*) also Workstation, Client Optional and ComputeNode Optional,
just for the record

K.

--
Karel Volný
QE BaseOs/Daemons Team

Old 08-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Orion Poplawski

I've tried to rebuild qmmp for RHEL6 in mock on Fedora 15 and
I've found there's a little problem ... I'm getting qt3-devel
installed, despite the fact that it buildrequires qt-devel>= 4.2

Trying scratch-build in koji ends the same:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=3291184&name=root.log

However, rebuilding the same source package on my RHEL6 system
goes without any problem - feeding the dependencies to yum
manually, I get qt-devel-4.6.2-17.el6

Epochs:

# repoquery --whatprovides 'qt-devel >= 4.2'
qt-devel-1:4.6.2-17.el6.i686
qt3-devel-0:3.3.8b-29.el6.x86_64
qt-devel-1:4.6.2-17.el6.x86_64
qt3-devel-0:3.3.8b-29.el6.i686
# repoquery --provides qt3-devel | grep qt-devel
qt-devel = 1:3.3.8b-29.el6
qt-devel = 1:3.3.8b-29.el6
# repoquery --whatprovides 'qt-devel >= 1:4.2'
qt-devel-1:4.6.2-17.el6.i686
qt-devel-1:4.6.2-17.el6.x86_64

Things do seem screwy though. qt-devel-0:3.3.8b provides qt-devel 1:3.3.8b?
Anyway, add the epoch to your BR.

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Old 08-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Karel Volný

On Monday 22 of August 2011 18:21:14 Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Epochs:

ah, I forgot about this special thing ...

> # repoquery --whatprovides 'qt-devel >= 4.2'
> qt-devel-1:4.6.2-17.el6.i686
> qt3-devel-0:3.3.8b-29.el6.x86_64
> qt-devel-1:4.6.2-17.el6.x86_64
> qt3-devel-0:3.3.8b-29.el6.i686
> # repoquery --provides qt3-devel | grep qt-devel
> qt-devel = 1:3.3.8b-29.el6
> qt-devel = 1:3.3.8b-29.el6
> # repoquery --whatprovides 'qt-devel >= 1:4.2'
> qt-devel-1:4.6.2-17.el6.i686
> qt-devel-1:4.6.2-17.el6.x86_64
>
> Things do seem screwy though. qt-devel-0:3.3.8b provides
> qt-devel 1:3.3.8b?

well, to me, it seems much more screwy that older version gets
preferred - even if qt-devel-0:3.3.8b provides qt-devel 1:3.3.8b,
why 1:3.3.8 is chosen over 1:4.6.2?

> Anyway, add the epoch to your BR.

yes, that helped

thanks