Old 08-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Ken Taylor

Default Request to have a package rebuilt for the EPEL repository

I hope this is the correct place to make this request. If not, please
advise me of a better path.

I needed to install the application recoll on CentOS 6. There is no
recoll package in the CentOS, RPMForge nor ELEL repositories. I would
like to report that I was able to rebuild the Fedora 14 recoll package
and install the resulting binary successfully on CentOS 6 64 bit. Here
are the details:

1 - Built a "developer workstation" in VMWare
2 - Configured it to build rpm packages
3 - Downloaded recoll-1.15.8-2.fc14.src.rpm and attempted to build it
4 - Chased down a couple of missing pieces ( yum --enablerepo=epel
install aspell-devel xapian-core-devel)
5 - Ran the rpmbuild again and it completed successfully
6 - Copied the newly built rpm (recoll-1.15.8-2.el6.x86_64.rpm) to
another CentOS 6 - 64 bit VM
7 - Installed the new rpm - no errors nor warnings
8 - Ran my tests on recoll - IT WORKS LIKE A CHAMP!!!

Please consider having this package rebuilt and added to the EPEL
repository. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to
assist in this effort.

Thanks,

Ken Taylor

p.s. I have installed the Fedora 13 recoll package directly on CentOS 6
32 bit. I believe that it or the Fedora 14 recoll package could also be
rebuilt and added to the EPEL repository. Please advise if I should go
through the above process with CentOS 6 32 bit to confirm.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:54 AM
Itamar Reis Peixoto

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 10:47 PM, Ken Taylor <br549@embarqmail.com> wrote:
> I hope this is the correct place to make this request. If not, please
> advise me of a better path.
>
> I needed to install the application recoll on CentOS 6. *There is no
> recoll package in the CentOS, RPMForge nor ELEL repositories. *I would
> like to report that I was able to rebuild the Fedora 14 recoll package
> and install the resulting binary successfully on CentOS 6 *64 bit. *Here
> are the details:
>
> 1 - Built a "developer workstation" in VMWare
> 2 - Configured it to build rpm packages
> 3 - Downloaded recoll-1.15.8-2.fc14.src.rpm and attempted to build it
> 4 - Chased down a couple of missing pieces ( yum --enablerepo=epel
> install aspell-devel xapian-core-devel)
> 5 - Ran the rpmbuild again and it completed successfully
> 6 - Copied the newly built rpm (recoll-1.15.8-2.el6.x86_64.rpm) to
> another CentOS 6 - 64 bit VM
> 7 - Installed the new rpm - no errors nor warnings
> 8 - Ran my tests on recoll - IT WORKS LIKE A CHAMP!!!
>
> Please consider having this package rebuilt and added to the EPEL
> repository. *Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to
> assist in this effort.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken Taylor
>
> p.s. I have installed the Fedora 13 recoll package directly on CentOS 6
> 32 bit. I believe that it or the Fedora 14 recoll package could also be
> rebuilt and added to the EPEL repository. *Please advise if I should go
> through the above process with CentOS 6 32 bit to confirm.

report a bug here.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/bugs/recoll

and try koji to build packages

--
------------

Itamar Reis Peixoto
msn, google talk: itamar@ispbrasil.com.br
+55 11 4063 5033 (FIXO SP)
+55 34 9158 9329 (TIM)
+55 34 8806 3989 (OI)
+55 34 3221 8599 (FIXO MG)

Old 08-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Ken Taylor

On 08/03/2011 09:54 PM, Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 10:47 PM, Ken Taylor <br549@embarqmail.com> wrote:
>> I hope this is the correct place to make this request. If not, please
>> advise me of a better path.
>>
>> I needed to install the application recoll on CentOS 6. There is no
>> recoll package in the CentOS, RPMForge nor ELEL repositories. I would
>> like to report that I was able to rebuild the Fedora 14 recoll package
>> and install the resulting binary successfully on CentOS 6 64 bit. Here
>> are the details:
>>
>> 1 - Built a "developer workstation" in VMWare
>> 2 - Configured it to build rpm packages
>> 3 - Downloaded recoll-1.15.8-2.fc14.src.rpm and attempted to build it
>> 4 - Chased down a couple of missing pieces ( yum --enablerepo=epel
>> install aspell-devel xapian-core-devel)
>> 5 - Ran the rpmbuild again and it completed successfully
>> 6 - Copied the newly built rpm (recoll-1.15.8-2.el6.x86_64.rpm) to
>> another CentOS 6 - 64 bit VM
>> 7 - Installed the new rpm - no errors nor warnings
>> 8 - Ran my tests on recoll - IT WORKS LIKE A CHAMP!!!
>>
>> Please consider having this package rebuilt and added to the EPEL
>> repository. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to
>> assist in this effort.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ken Taylor
>>
>> p.s. I have installed the Fedora 13 recoll package directly on CentOS 6
>> 32 bit. I believe that it or the Fedora 14 recoll package could also be
>> rebuilt and added to the EPEL repository. Please advise if I should go
>> through the above process with CentOS 6 32 bit to confirm.
>>
> report a bug here.
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/bugs/recoll
>
> and try koji to build packages

Thanks. However, there is no bug with recoll nor with the rpmbuild
program. As I stated I can build the recoll package for CentOS 6 from
the Fedora package. I am simply asking that the Fedora package be
rebuilt for CentOS 6/ RHEL 6 and included in the EPEL repository.

Ken

Old 08-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Itamar Reis Peixoto

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Ken Taylor <br549@embarqmail.com> wrote:
>> and *try koji to build packages
>>
> Thanks. However, there is no bug with recoll nor with the rpmbuild
> program. As I stated I can build the recoll package for CentOS 6 from
> the Fedora package. I am simply asking that the Fedora package be
> rebuilt for CentOS 6/ RHEL 6 and included in the EPEL repository.
>
> Ken

I am asking you to open a bug and request the package maintainer to
make it available in epel.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Ken Taylor