Old 07-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Chris Wilson

Default pmacct package proposal

Hi all,

I would like to offer to supply and maintain an RPM package for pmacct in
Fedora and EPEL.

I found an old package in OpenSuSE
<ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/server%3A/monitoring/SLES_9/src/pmacct-0.11.4-4.1.src.rpm>.
I have updated it to the latest release of pmacct and removed sqlite
support which I consider useless, as the database must be multi-user for
sensible applications of pmacct.

My new package builds, but cannot be installed due to a dependency
problem. The original package depends on mysql-shared, but I think this is
called just "mysql" in redhat-ish distros. I tried the following macro:

%if 0%{?fedora} || 0%{?rhel_version} || 0%{?centos_version}
Requires: mysql postgresql-libs
%else
Requires: mysql-shared postgresql-libs
%endif

but it doesn't appear to work. Can anyone advise me?

Assuming that I can solve this issue, please let me know how I may proceed
with getting this package into Fedora and EPEL.

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES

with company number 04980791.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Andrew Colin Kissa

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

--
Baruwa - www.baruwa.org

Old 07-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Andrew Colin Kissa

Old 07-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Chris Wilson

Hi Andrew,

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Andrew Colin Kissa wrote:
> On 27 Jul 2011, at 1:09 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:
>
> > Assuming that I can solve this issue, please let me know how I may proceed
> > with getting this package into Fedora and EPEL.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

Thanks, that wasn't obvious to me.

I'm working through the steps and trying to get an account on the Fedora
Account System. However the captcha is completely impossible. I tried many
times to guess what it said, it with no luck so far. Does anyone else have
problems with it? Is there any way to bypass it?

Cheers, Chris.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Chris Wilson

Old 07-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Chris Wilson

Hi all,

OK, never mind about the captcha, I stopped trying to enter the letters
that looked like backwards or upside-down letters and I succeeded.

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Chris Wilson wrote:

> My new package builds, but cannot be installed due to a dependency
> problem. The original package depends on mysql-shared, but I think this is
> called just "mysql" in redhat-ish distros. I tried the following macro:
>
> %if 0%{?fedora} || 0%{?rhel_version} || 0%{?centos_version}
> Requires: mysql postgresql-libs
> %else
> Requires: mysql-shared postgresql-libs
> %endif
>
> but it doesn't appear to work. Can anyone advise me?

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Cheers, Chris.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Chris Wilson

Old 07-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 15:00:46 +0100 (BST)
Chris Wilson <chris-epel-110727@aptivate.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Chris Wilson wrote:
>
> > My new package builds, but cannot be installed due to a dependency
> > problem. The original package depends on mysql-shared, but I think
> > this is called just "mysql" in redhat-ish distros. I tried the
> > following macro:
> >
> > %if 0%{?fedora} || 0%{?rhel_version} || 0%{?centos_version}
> > Requires: mysql postgresql-libs
> > %else
> > Requires: mysql-shared postgresql-libs
> > %endif
> >
> > but it doesn't appear to work. Can anyone advise me?
>
> Can anyone help me with this problem?

How are you building it? local rpmbuild? mock?
Can you provide a link to the full spec file/srpms?

Do you have redhat-rpm-config installed?

kevin

Old 08-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Chris Wilson

Hi Kevin,

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> > > My new package builds, but cannot be installed due to a dependency
> > > problem. The original package depends on mysql-shared, but I think
> > > this is called just "mysql" in redhat-ish distros. I tried the
> > > following macro:
> > >
> > > %if 0%{?fedora} || 0%{?rhel_version} || 0%{?centos_version}
> > > Requires: mysql postgresql-libs
> > > %else
> > > Requires: mysql-shared postgresql-libs
> > > %endif
> > >
> > > but it doesn't appear to work. Can anyone advise me?
>
> How are you building it? local rpmbuild? mock?

Local rpmbuild.

http://fen-dev.aptivate.org/pmacct-0.14.0rc1-1.src.rpm

> Do you have redhat-rpm-config installed?

No, I didn't have it installed, but installing it doesn't seem to have
made any difference. The subsequently rebuilt package still depends on
mysql-shared, not mysql.

Thanks for your help

Cheers, Chris.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Manuel Wolfshant

My new package builds, but cannot be installed due to a dependency
problem. The original package depends on mysql-shared, but I think
this is called just "mysql" in redhat-ish distros. I tried the
following macro:

%if 0%{?fedora} || 0%{?rhel_version} || 0%{?centos_version}
Requires: mysql postgresql-libs
%else
Requires: mysql-shared postgresql-libs
%endif

but it doesn't appear to work. Can anyone advise me?

How are you building it? local rpmbuild? mock?

Local rpmbuild.

did you define and pass to rpmbuild one of the variables which triggers
the first branch of the test ? By default these variables are not
defined and therefore the whole branch is skipped.
in koji the needed variables are defined by the build environment but
for local builds you must define them yourself, as appropriate for your
use case.