Old 07-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Dan White

Default Creating a local yum repository - GPG-Keys ?

I am trying to build a local yum repository for use on an isolated network segment.

Using reposync to copy all the necessary RPM's to my local machine, I have to turn off the GPG key check or most of the RPM's will be deleted due to a check failure. I have the key at /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL, but the key check fails.

What did I miss, please ?

Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

Old 07-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Paul Howarth

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 16:21:25 +0000 (UTC)
Dan White <ygor@comcast.net> wrote:

> I am trying to build a local yum repository for use on an isolated
> network segment.
>
> Using reposync to copy all the necessary RPM's to my local machine, I
> have to turn off the GPG key check or most of the RPM's will be
> deleted due to a check failure. I have the key
> at /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL, but the key check fails.
>
> What did I miss, please ?

You need to import that gpg key into the rpm database of the machine
running reposync:

# rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL

Paul.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Dan White

Thanks.
Is there a way to do this with a "yum" command ?

Old 07-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Paul Howarth

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 18:12:01 +0000 (UTC)
Dan White <ygor@comcast.net> top-posted:

> Thanks.
> Is there a way to do this with a "yum" command ?

Only way I know is to install (on the machine running reposync) a
package signed with that key from a repo that is configured with a
"gpgkey=" entry pointing to that key. Yum with then offer to import
that key and ask for confirmation.

Paul.