Old 07-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Daniel Devine

Default Roundcube Webmail

Greetings,

The version of Roundcube ("roundcubemail") in EPEL for EL5 and EL6 is
quite old. The version in EL6 is (0.3.1 - February 2010) and the current
stable release upstream is Roundcube is 0.5.3. At first I thought that
this was because it had no active maintainer but then I saw that it is
actually well maintained in Fedora by the same maintainer - Jon Ciesla.

Is there a reason the package is so old?

If it is a matter of testing then I am happy to help!
--
Daniel Devine

Old 07-05-2011, 11:51 AM
"Jon Ciesla"

> Greetings,
>
> The version of Roundcube ("roundcubemail") in EPEL for EL5 and EL6 is
> quite old. The version in EL6 is (0.3.1 - February 2010) and the current
> stable release upstream is Roundcube is 0.5.3. At first I thought that
> this was because it had no active maintainer but then I saw that it is
> actually well maintained in Fedora by the same maintainer - Jon Ciesla.
>
> Is there a reason the package is so old?
>
> If it is a matter of testing then I am happy to help!

It's a matter of PHP versions. However, I'll check and see if the php53
stack has enough of the proper packages available to make the new version
work.

-J

> --
> Daniel Devine

in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love

-d. bowie

Old 07-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Daniel Devine

No worries, I'll probably check that myself in a few hours. I'm setting
up my new SL6 VPS right now.

--
Daniel Devine

Old 07-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Daniel Devine

It's a matter of PHP versions. However, I'll check and see if the
php53
stack has enough of the proper packages available to make the new
version

work.

Just thought I'd let you know that Roundcube 0.5 works with default
SL6/EPEL packages

--
Daniel Devine

Old 07-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Jon Ciesla

Daniel Devine wrote:

It's a matter of PHP versions. However, I'll check and see if the php53
stack has enough of the proper packages available to make the new
version

work.

Just thought I'd let you know that Roundcube 0.5 works with default
SL6/EPEL packages

Awesome, I'll build and push 0.5.3 there.

-J

--
in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love