Old 06-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Marian Marinov

Default Percona MySQL and MariaDB in EPEL

Hello,
I'm planning on proposing both Percona-SQL and MariaDB packages for inclusion
in the EPEL-5 repo.

I wish to know would you accept these packages in EPEL if they are a
replacement of the current mysql.

I already talked with Peter Zaitsev from Percona and he agreed. He also told
me that they will support my efforts of including Percona-SQL into EPEL.
I also wrote to MariaDB developers mailing list to inform them about my
intentions.

And also I need to know what would be the best way to replace the mysql
packages?

Which would be better Conflicts or Obsoletes when replacing the current mysql ?
I think that Obsoletes is the way to go here, since once you upgrade to either
Percona or MariaDB you would want to coninue upgrade that package, but please
give me some comments.

Best regards,
Marian Marinov