-   -   gnu-smalltalk in EPEL 6 (http://www.linux-archive.org/epel-development/540193-gnu-smalltalk-epel-6-a.html)

Steve Cleveland 06-15-2011 05:33 PM

gnu-smalltalk in EPEL 6

I've tried searching through the mail archives, so my apologies if this
has been discussed before.

Is gnu-smalltalk going to make it into EPEL6? I saw some postings that
early build attempts failed, but nothing since then.

Thanks,
- Steve

Stephen John Smoogen 06-16-2011 06:09 PM

gnu-smalltalk in EPEL 6

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 11:33, Steve Cleveland <stevec@engr.orst.edu> wrote:
> I've tried searching through the mail archives, so my apologies if this has
> been discussed before.
>
> Is gnu-smalltalk going to make it into EPEL6? *I saw some postings that
> early build attempts failed, but nothing since then.

I am not sure there has been a large call for smalltalk so it may not
have gotten any further than a "hey look at this" type build. On the
whole, the EPEL project does not push packages.. that is up to any
interest in the maintainer or volunteers to do so.

> Thanks,
> *- Steve

Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren

Jochen Schmitt 06-16-2011 06:31 PM

gnu-smalltalk in EPEL 6

I am not sure there has been a large call for smalltalk so it may not
have gotten any further than a "hey look at this" type build. On the
whole, the EPEL project does not push packages.. that is up to any
interest in the maintainer or volunteers to do so.

I have tried to make a scratch build for EPEL-6. Unfortunately, I have
got an error message, that the package libsigsegv-devel was not
fouhd.

The build you may find at:

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt