Old 05-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Sergio Belkin

Default Broken dependencies: libresolv.so.2(GLIBC_PRIVATE)

Hi,

I've received a message from repoclosure about UpTools package because
(it's in testing) *it claims that has *"unresolved deps:
libresolv.so.2(GLIBC_PRIVATE)"

That's because shared libresolv.so from old glibc releases lack of
some symbols, eg: ns_initparse that are into static libresolv.a

Fedora package can use macro that filter requires but AFAIU epel5
can't do that (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL:Packaging#Perl_Provides_and_Requires_Filterin g).
So I don't know what to do

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance!
Sergio Belkin *http://www.sergiobelkin.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org

Old 05-31-2011, 03:31 AM
Sergio Belkin

2011/5/30 Sergio Belkin <sebelk@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I've received a message from repoclosure about UpTools package because
> (it's in testing) *it claims that has *"unresolved deps:
> libresolv.so.2(GLIBC_PRIVATE)"
>
> That's because shared libresolv.so from old glibc releases lack of
> some symbols, eg: ns_initparse that are into static libresolv.a

> Fedora package can use macro that filter requires but AFAIU epel5
> can't do that (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL:Packaging#Perl_Provides_and_Requires_Filterin g).
> So I don't know what to do
>
> Could you help me?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Well answer myself:

appended:
%define _use_internal_dependency_generator 0

and en %prep:

cat << EOF > %{name}-req
#!/bin/sh
%__find_requires $* | sed -e '/GLIBC_PRIVATE/d'
EOF

%global __find_requires %{_builddir}/%{name}-%{version}/%{name}-req
chmod +x %{__find_requires}

If I am doing something wrong, please help me

Old 05-31-2011, 07:42 AM
Xavier Bachelot

I've received a message from repoclosure about UpTools package because
(it's in testing) it claims that has "unresolved deps:
libresolv.so.2(GLIBC_PRIVATE)"

That's because shared libresolv.so from old glibc releases lack of
some symbols, eg: ns_initparse that are into static libresolv.a

Fedora package can use macro that filter requires but AFAIU epel5
can't do that (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL:Packaging#Perl_Provides_and_Requires_Filterin g).
So I don't know what to do

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance!

Well answer myself:

appended:
%define _use_internal_dependency_generator 0

I think this one is not needed. You just want to filter out some
dependencies, not to block generation completely.

and en %prep:

cat<< EOF> %{name}-req
#!/bin/sh
%__find_requires $* | sed -e '/GLIBC_PRIVATE/d'
EOF

%global __find_requires %{_builddir}/%{name}-%{version}/%{name}-req
chmod +x %{__find_requires}

This should be enough.

See
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL:Packaging#Perl_Provides_and_Requires_Filterin g

Regards,
Xavier

Old 06-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Peter Lemenkov

Hello!

2011/5/31 Sergio Belkin <sebelk@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I've received a message from repoclosure about UpTools package because
> (it's in testing) *it claims that has *"unresolved deps:
> libresolv.so.2(GLIBC_PRIVATE)"
>
> That's because shared libresolv.so from old glibc releases lack of
> some symbols, eg: ns_initparse that are into static libresolv.a

I stumbled upon the similar issue (not so) recently and I fixed this
by a small patch (mostly shamelessly stolen from someone else's work)

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=sems.git;a=blob_plain;f=sems-0011-Avoid-using-private-Glibc-functions.patch;hb=HEAD

Do something similar with your own required functions.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.