Old 04-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Jan-Frode Myklebust

Default (1/3) Broken dependencies in EPEL - 2011-04-24

On 2011-04-24, Fedora Extras repoclosure <buildsys@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>================================================= =====================
> The results in this summary consider Test Updates!
>================================================= =====================

<snip>

>================================================= =====================
> Broken packages in fedora-epel-6-i386:
>
> amavisd-new-2.6.4-2.el6.noarch-fedora-epel-6-i386 requires lzop

lzop is available in the base RHEL6 x86_64 channel (rhel-x86_64-server-6),
but not in the i386 channel. How am I supposed to handle that ?

-jf

Old 04-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 20:00:38 +0200
Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfrode@tanso.net> wrote:

> lzop is available in the base RHEL6 x86_64 channel
> (rhel-x86_64-server-6), but not in the i386 channel. How am I
> supposed to handle that ?

One of:

a) just exclude i386 in your package.

or

b) Change your package to not require lzop.

or

c) create a lzop package in EPEL, but keep it at the exact same version
as the RHEL one (ie, import the same version exactly and try and keep
it in sync).

We've done c with some perl packages, but we should really keep better
track of them. Perhaps a wiki page with the full list should be
maintained?

Open to any better ideas...

kevin

Old 04-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Robert Scheck

Hello,

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> c) create a lzop package in EPEL, but keep it at the exact same version
> as the RHEL one (ie, import the same version exactly and try and keep
> it in sync).

I prefer c), because not the whole world is x86_64.

Greetings,
Robert

Old 04-24-2011, 11:42 PM
Robert Scheck

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 04/25/2011 12:47 AM, Robert Scheck wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >On Sun, 24 Apr 2011, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> >>c) create a lzop package in EPEL, but keep it at the exact same version
> >>as the RHEL one (ie, import the same version exactly and try and keep
> >>it in sync).
> >I prefer c), because not the whole world is x86_64.
> Then go for it.

Eh...in the meantime I somehow recognized, that I'm the lzop owner...

I'm going to request an EPEL 6 branch (with clarification) and would add an
"ExcludeArch: x86_64" to the *.spec file - any objections or better ideas?

Greetings,
Robert

Old 04-24-2011, 11:55 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 01:42:59 +0200
Robert Scheck <robert@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Apr 2011, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> > On 04/25/2011 12:47 AM, Robert Scheck wrote:

> > >I prefer c), because not the whole world is x86_64.
> > Then go for it.
>
> Eh...in the meantime I somehow recognized, that I'm the lzop owner...
>
> I'm going to request an EPEL 6 branch (with clarification) and would
> add an "ExcludeArch: x86_64" to the *.spec file - any objections or
> better ideas?

Do not add the ExcludeArch.

I think if you do that, koji could have issues determining which repo
to get that from. At least thats my understanding...

kevin

Old 04-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Robert Scheck

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Do not add the ExcludeArch.
>
> I think if you do that, koji could have issues determining which repo
> to get that from. At least thats my understanding...

Do you know another package that is imported from RHEL for the same reason
where I could look at and compare?

Greetings,
Robert