Old 04-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Dan Young

Default python26-* branches?

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to request an el5 branch for the python-flask
package I maintain in Fedora. Flask requires Python 2.5+, so I'm
expecting this to be python26-flask in el5.

I'm curious if anyone can speak to how they're maintaining git
branches for a package that will have a different name in each branch.
i.e.

python-flask for el6, f14, f15, devel
python26-flask for el5

Do you keep them in separate directories and merge into the python26-* side?

Also, will I need a new review request or can it be branched with a
fedora-cvs? flag on my original python-flask review?

Thanks for the clue,

--
Dan Young <dyoung@mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services

Old 04-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:48:59 -0700
Dan Young <dyoung@mesd.k12.or.us> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm getting ready to request an el5 branch for the python-flask
> package I maintain in Fedora. Flask requires Python 2.5+, so I'm
> expecting this to be python26-flask in el5.

ok.

> I'm curious if anyone can speak to how they're maintaining git
> branches for a package that will have a different name in each branch.
> i.e.
>
> python-flask for el6, f14, f15, devel
> python26-flask for el5
>
> Do you keep them in separate directories and merge into the
> python26-* side?

I personally keep them as seperate packages... no cross merging.

> Also, will I need a new review request or can it be branched with a
> fedora-cvs? flag on my original python-flask review?

You will need a new review request. It should be pretty easy if the
orig one has passed. Just need to add the right things for the new
name.

kevin