FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > EPEL Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Maxim Burgerhout
 
Default Cherokee 1.2.1-1.el5 update breaks SSL

Hi Pali, list,

I'm not sure whether you are aware of this, but the recent update from Cherokee to 1.2.1-1 breaks SSL on at least el5. From what I can see, it is probably this bug: http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/is asues/detail?id=1126.


Can I politely suggest reverting this update for el5 at least?

Kind regards,

Maxim Burgerhout
maxim@wzzrd.com
----------------
EB11 5E56 E648 9D99 E8EF 05FB C513 6FD4 1302 B48A

() *ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail


/ *www.asciiribbon.org * - against proprietary attachments

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 03-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Stephen John Smoogen
 
Default Cherokee 1.2.1-1.el5 update breaks SSL

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 08:08, Maxim Burgerhout <maxim@wzzrd.com> wrote:
> Hi Pali, list,
>
> I'm not sure whether you are aware of this, but the recent update from
> Cherokee to 1.2.1-1 breaks SSL on at least el5. From what I can see, it is
> probably this bug: http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/is
> asues/detail?id=1126.
>

Could we get some more info on this? How does it break on your side?

> Can I politely suggest reverting this update for el5 at least?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Maxim Burgerhout
> maxim@wzzrd.com
> ----------------
> EB11 5E56 E648 9D99 E8EF 05FB C513 6FD4 1302 B48A
>
> () *ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
> / *www.asciiribbon.org * - against proprietary attachments
>
> _______________________________________________
> epel-devel-list mailing list
> epel-devel-list@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
>
>



--
Stephen J Smoogen.
"The core skill of innovators is error recovery, not failure avoidance."
Randy Nelson, President of Pixar University.
"Let us be kind, one to another, for most of us are fighting a hard
battle." -- Ian MacLaren

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 03-22-2011, 06:35 AM
Maxim Burgerhout
 
Default Cherokee 1.2.1-1.el5 update breaks SSL

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 21:56, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 08:08, Maxim Burgerhout <maxim@wzzrd.com> wrote:
> > Hi Pali, list,
> >
> > I'm not sure whether you are aware of this, but the recent update from
> > Cherokee to 1.2.1-1 breaks SSL on at least el5. From what I can see, it is
> > probably this bug: http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/is
> > asues/detail?id=1126.
> >
>
> Could we get some more info on this? How does it break on your side?

Of course.

A couple of days back, my box updated cherokee from EPEL from 1.0.6 to
1.2.1. When the service was restarted, Cherokee did not come up again.
The init script exited with 0, but when I requested the status from
the init script, I got 'cherokee dead, but subsys locked' error
message.

I started the admin console and tried starting Cherokee from there.
The admin interface showed me the 'libplugin_libssl.so: undefined
symbol: SSL_set_SSL_CTX' error that is mentioned in
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1126.

I removed 1.2.1 and reinstalled 1.0.6 from a build I downloaded from
Koji, after which Cherokee started normally again.

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 03-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Kevin Fenzi
 
Default Cherokee 1.2.1-1.el5 update breaks SSL

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 08:35:53 +0100
Maxim Burgerhout <maxim@wzzrd.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 21:56, Stephen John Smoogen
> <smooge@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 08:08, Maxim Burgerhout <maxim@wzzrd.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi Pali, list,
> > >
> > > I'm not sure whether you are aware of this, but the recent update
> > > from Cherokee to 1.2.1-1 breaks SSL on at least el5. From what I
> > > can see, it is probably this bug:
> > > http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/is asues/detail?id=1126.
> > >
> >
> > Could we get some more info on this? How does it break on your side?
>
> Of course.
>
> A couple of days back, my box updated cherokee from EPEL from 1.0.6 to
> 1.2.1. When the service was restarted, Cherokee did not come up again.
> The init script exited with 0, but when I requested the status from
> the init script, I got 'cherokee dead, but subsys locked' error
> message.
>
> I started the admin console and tried starting Cherokee from there.
> The admin interface showed me the 'libplugin_libssl.so: undefined
> symbol: SSL_set_SSL_CTX' error that is mentioned in
> http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1126.
>
> I removed 1.2.1 and reinstalled 1.0.6 from a build I downloaded from
> Koji, after which Cherokee started normally again.

This looks like:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=680691

I don't see a fix upstream yet. ;(

kevin
_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 03-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Maxim Burgerhout
 
Default Cherokee 1.2.1-1.el5 update breaks SSL

On Mar 22, 2011 8:16 PM, "Kevin Fenzi" <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:>
> This looks like:
>

> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=680691

>
> I don't see a fix upstream yet. ;(

Correct. I missed the fact that this was reported in our own bugzilla too. Is there any way to revert this update?

M


_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 03-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Kevin Fenzi
 
Default Cherokee 1.2.1-1.el5 update breaks SSL

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:44:59 +0100
Maxim Burgerhout <maxim@wzzrd.com> wrote:

> On Mar 22, 2011 8:16 PM, "Kevin Fenzi" <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> >
> > This looks like:
> >
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=680691
> >
> > I don't see a fix upstream yet. ;(
>
> Correct. I missed the fact that this was reported in our own bugzilla
> too. Is there any way to revert this update?

Well, we could unpush it.

Do we know if this only affects el5? or are the el4/el6 updates also
affected?

If we need to unpush this, we should do all of them that are affected.

kevin
_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 03-31-2011, 01:48 PM
Kevin Fenzi
 
Default Cherokee 1.2.1-1.el5 update breaks SSL

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 11:56:13 -0600
Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:44:59 +0100
> Maxim Burgerhout <maxim@wzzrd.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mar 22, 2011 8:16 PM, "Kevin Fenzi" <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > This looks like:
> > >
> > > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=680691
> > >
> > > I don't see a fix upstream yet. ;(
> >
> > Correct. I missed the fact that this was reported in our own
> > bugzilla too. Is there any way to revert this update?
>
> Well, we could unpush it.
>
> Do we know if this only affects el5? or are the el4/el6 updates also
> affected?
>
> If we need to unpush this, we should do all of them that are
> affected.

I did some testing here... el4/el5 are affected. el6 is ok.

I have unpushed the el4/el5 updates. I hope the maintainer will fix
this soon or there will be some movement upstream. ;(

kevin

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 03-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Maxim Burgerhout
 
Default Cherokee 1.2.1-1.el5 update breaks SSL

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 15:48, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> I have unpushed the el4/el5 updates. I hope the maintainer will fix
> this soon or there will be some movement upstream. ;(

Thanks Kevin.

Maxim Burgerhout
maxim@wzzrd.com
----------------
EB11 5E56 E648 9D99 E8EF 05FB C513 6FD4 1302 B48A

() *ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/ *www.asciiribbon.org * - against proprietary attachments

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:12 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org