Old 03-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Kevin Fenzi

Default The great wiki repave of 2011

Greetings.

I just spent my saturday afternoon landing the redesigned wiki pages
and cleaning up links, etc.

So, the new wiki pages are LIVE!

Please start here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

If folks could look at that page and all those linked from it for:

* typos
* links that aren't right
* places where we could reword or add info

That would be great.

New pages are:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/History_and_Philosophy_of_EPEL <- needs lots of work
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Joining_EPEL
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_QA
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_Package_Maintainers
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_Marketing
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_Updates_Policy
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_incompatible_upgrades_policy
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_SIG (reworked to add meeting info/agenda)

There are 2 old pages that we should also look at further and see if we
can fold information from them into the existing new pages:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies

These pages contain great info, but it's very verbose, and I think we
could move it around to existing pages and reword. Help very welcome
there.

I am going to mail our wiki admin to archive all the rest of the older
EPEL pages now. (I'll save off the above 2 in case we need them).

Hopefully this will be better for everyone and we can build on these!

kevin

Old 03-20-2011, 05:07 AM
Kevin Fenzi

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:40:41 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <metherid@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/20/2011 01:47 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Greetings.
> >
> > I just spent my saturday afternoon landing the redesigned wiki pages
> > and cleaning up links, etc.
> >
> > So, the new wiki pages are LIVE!
>
> Good work. However Camel_Case isn't recommended by the wiki naming
> guidelines.

ok. Feel free to move/rename them to match that.

Out of curiosity, where are the naming guidelines?

kevin

Old 03-20-2011, 05:10 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 03/20/2011 01:47 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I just spent my saturday afternoon landing the redesigned wiki pages
> and cleaning up links, etc.
>
> So, the new wiki pages are LIVE!

Good work. However Camel_Case isn't recommended by the wiki naming
guidelines.

Rahul