Old 03-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Jan-Frode Myklebust

Default Clamav + amavisd-new Was: amavisd-new for EPEL6?

On 2011-03-05, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:

> Well, there's (at least) one additional monkey wrench in this:=20
>
> recently we revamped clamav in EPEL.=20
> We need to fix up amavisd-new to handle the new clamav.=20
>
> So, if you could modify the package for the new clamav that would be
> outstanding. =20

I finally saw the big changes done to clamav. The packaging is completely
different, and woun't immediately work with amavisd-new from F14 or EPEL5.
Without the "clamav-server" server package (now there's only a clamd
providing standalone clamd-service), amavisd-new woun't be able to use the
"clamd-wrapper" to create it's own scanner. When trying to run amavisd-new
directly against the "clamd", I'm getting selinux denials.

These problems should be the same for this package in EPEL5 (where amavisd-new
is available). IMHO this update shouldn't be pushed for EPEL4 and EPEL6
before the solution for EPEL5 packaging is clear.

-jf

Old 03-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Jan-Frode Myklebust

On 2011-03-10, Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfrode@tanso.net> wrote:

> These problems should be the same for this package in EPEL5 (where amavisd-new
> is available). IMHO this update shouldn't be pushed for EPEL4 and EPEL6
> before the solution for EPEL5 packaging is clear.

Ooops, single negative response in bodhi unpushed the update and
made the smiley-face cry.. Sorry. I didn't intend to block the
update alone, but think this amavisd-breaking update should be
discussed before implemented..

-jf