Old 01-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Steve Traylen

Default xrootd-devel and missing header files

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Cristina Aiftimiei <caifti@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear all,

I apologies if it's the wrong place for making such questions. Please let me know if I have to contact somone else or in a different matter.

Hi Christina,*

*Best is to submit a bug to redhat's bugzilla, you can take a short cut to correct page using the link on this page:
*https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/bugs/xrootd

*I'm fairly sure you have to register with Redhat's bugzilla once there.*

Our project is starting to make intensive use of EPEL packages, so our developers are trying to adapt their software to what is provided in the EPEL repository.
Good.*

In the last days one of our groups need the:
- XrdCms/XrdCmsReq.hh.
- XrdCms/XrdCmsXmiReq.hh*That said the files are here:

/usr/include/xrootd/XrdCms/XrdCmsReq.hh
but this may still be a bug of course due to your comment below.*

file and those files are not provided by the xrootd-devel package (xrootd-devel-3.0.0-1.el5), as expected by the developers.

More than this the xrootd-devl il providing the XrdCms/XrdCmsXmi.hh that contains:
#include "XrdCms/XrdCmsReq.hh"

that means including a file that doesn't exist, or at least I'm seeing it like this, sorry if I'm wrong.

Is there a reason that those headers are missing from the xrootd-devl, and is there a way to include them?

Thank you very much,
Cristina

Steve Traylen

Old 01-28-2011, 02:32 AM
Andrew Hanushevsky

Hi Christina,

No, this was the right list. Unfortunately, we don't control the fedora
packaging (I didn't even know they were creating a separate package). They
should include all include files if they are going to include any simply
because I don't think they figure out the dependencies. At least that
would be my take.

Andy

xrootd-devel-3.0.0-1.el5)<http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/x86_64/xrootd-devel-3.0.0-1.el5.x86_64.rpm>,