Old 12-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Prentice Bisbal

Default Error with ruby dependency for puppet?

EPEL Developers,

Is this the correct mailing list for issues with EPEL? I couldn't find
any other mailing lists mentioned on the EPEL website.

If so, here's my problem:

I'm still testing RHEL 6 using beta 2 (waiting for CentOS 6). I'm trying
to install some EPEL packages on a fresh install of RHEL6b2. For puppet,
I get this error:

Error: Package: puppet-0.25.5-1.el6.noarch (epel)
Requires: ruby(selinux)

I also installed augeas-libs from the EPEL repo yesterday, but it
appears to be missing today.

--
Prentice

Old 12-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 17:02:28 -0500
Prentice Bisbal <prentice@ias.edu> wrote:

> EPEL Developers,
>
> Is this the correct mailing list for issues with EPEL? I couldn't find
> any other mailing lists mentioned on the EPEL website.
>
> If so, here's my problem:
>
> I'm still testing RHEL 6 using beta 2 (waiting for CentOS 6). I'm
> trying to install some EPEL packages on a fresh install of RHEL6b2.
> For puppet, I get this error:
>
> Error: Package: puppet-0.25.5-1.el6.noarch (epel)
> Requires: ruby(selinux)
>
> I also installed augeas-libs from the EPEL repo yesterday, but it
> appears to be missing today.

Enable the 'optional' repo.
libselinux-ruby is in there.

We should probibly add a FAQ entry stating that you should enable
optional when using EPEL.

kevin

Old 12-18-2010, 02:35 AM
Dennis Gilmore

On Friday, December 17, 2010 04:17:37 pm Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 17:02:28 -0500
>
> Prentice Bisbal <prentice@ias.edu> wrote:
> > EPEL Developers,
> >
> > Is this the correct mailing list for issues with EPEL? I couldn't find
> > any other mailing lists mentioned on the EPEL website.
> >
> > If so, here's my problem:
> >
> > I'm still testing RHEL 6 using beta 2 (waiting for CentOS 6). I'm
> > trying to install some EPEL packages on a fresh install of RHEL6b2.
> > For puppet, I get this error:
> >
> > Error: Package: puppet-0.25.5-1.el6.noarch (epel)
> >
> > Requires: ruby(selinux)
> >
> > I also installed augeas-libs from the EPEL repo yesterday, but it
> > appears to be missing today.
>
> Enable the 'optional' repo.
> libselinux-ruby is in there.
>
> We should probibly add a FAQ entry stating that you should enable
> optional when using EPEL.
epel 6 requires that the optional chanel be enabled. without it the chances of
broken deps is pretty high. We probably should clearly state it as a
requirement for EPEL for EL-6

Dennis