Old 11-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Orion Poplawski

Default xerces-c for ppc64

So, xerces-c is apparently not in the EPEL6 ppc64 buildroot:

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=2607500&name=root.log

DEBUG util.py:268: No Package Found for xerces-c-devel

What to do?

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Old 12-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Orion Poplawski

On 11/17/2010 04:25 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:

So, xerces-c is apparently not in the EPEL6 ppc64 buildroot:

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=2607500&name=root.log

DEBUG util.py:268: No Package Found for xerces-c-devel

What to do?

Still the case. Anyone? This is preventing gdal, and thus GMT, grass, ....

Do we just exclude arch? Which I guess is fine by me, since I hate debugging
ppc issues.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:14 AM
Stephen John Smoogen

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 14:55, Orion Poplawski <orion@cora.nwra.com> wrote:
> On 11/17/2010 04:25 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>>
>> So, xerces-c is apparently not in the EPEL6 ppc64 buildroot:
>>
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=2607500&name=root.log
>>
>> DEBUG util.py:268: No Package Found for xerces-c-devel
>>
>> What to do?
>>

> Still the case. *Anyone? *This is preventing gdal, and thus GMT, grass, ....
>
> Do we just exclude arch? *Which I guess is fine by me, since I hate
> debugging ppc issues.

I would say exclude arch.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren

Old 12-03-2010, 01:24 AM
Kevin Fenzi

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 19:14:13 -0700
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 14:55, Orion Poplawski <orion@cora.nwra.com>
> wrote:

...snip...

> > Do we just exclude arch? *Which I guess is fine by me, since I hate
> > debugging ppc issues.
> >

> I would say exclude arch.

Yeah, for now I would agree.

kevin

Old 12-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Bill Nottingham

Kevin Fenzi (kevin@scrye.com) said:
> > > Do we just exclude arch? *Which I guess is fine by me, since I hate
> > > debugging ppc issues.
> > >

> > I would say exclude arch.
>
> Yeah, for now I would agree.

IMO, either a) exclude arch or b) build exclusivearch versions of dependent
packages for ppc.

Bill