Old 10-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Farkas Levente

Default EPEL 6 and comps

On 10/04/2010 07:17 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> If you've installed with/played with the RHEL 6 betas, you'll notice
> that the package groups are significantly different than they are
> in RHEL 5 and Fedora. The current EPEL 6 comps file follows this
> older set of groups.
>
> Does anyone mind if I modify it to more closely match the RHEL 6
> groups?

if you already modify it. it'd be useful to add to the rhel-6 groups the
"buildsys-build" group too (which is missing from the betas).

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"

Old 10-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Bill Nottingham

Farkas Levente (lfarkas@lfarkas.org) said:
> On 10/04/2010 07:17 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > If you've installed with/played with the RHEL 6 betas, you'll notice
> > that the package groups are significantly different than they are
> > in RHEL 5 and Fedora. The current EPEL 6 comps file follows this
> > older set of groups.
> >
> > Does anyone mind if I modify it to more closely match the RHEL 6
> > groups?
>
> if you already modify it. it'd be useful to add to the rhel-6 groups the
> "buildsys-build" group too (which is missing from the betas).

buildsys-build is in EPEL comps. I believe it's not in the RHEL comps
file b/c there's not a consumer of that data in RHEL itself, but I
could be wrong.

Bill

Old 10-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 13:17:47 -0400
Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> wrote:

> If you've installed with/played with the RHEL 6 betas, you'll notice
> that the package groups are significantly different than they are
> in RHEL 5 and Fedora. The current EPEL 6 comps file follows this
> older set of groups.
>
> Does anyone mind if I modify it to more closely match the RHEL 6
> groups?

Sounds great to me.

I was meaning to look at this when adding the Xfce group in.
(All the base packages should be there, but Christoph was still looking
at which plugins to pull in).

kevin

Old 10-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Dennis Gilmore

On Monday, October 04, 2010 12:17:47 pm Bill Nottingham wrote:
> If you've installed with/played with the RHEL 6 betas, you'll notice
> that the package groups are significantly different than they are
> in RHEL 5 and Fedora. The current EPEL 6 comps file follows this
> older set of groups.
>
> Does anyone mind if I modify it to more closely match the RHEL 6
> groups?
>
> Bill
Feel free to update it

Dennis

Old 10-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Bill Nottingham

Dennis Gilmore (dennis@ausil.us) said:
> > Does anyone mind if I modify it to more closely match the RHEL 6
> > groups?
>
> Feel free to update it

OK, done. The old file seemed to carry empty groups for groups that
existed in RHEL that it wasn't extending, so I did the same here
(causing the file to get a lot bigger.)

Bill

Old 10-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Dennis Gilmore

On Monday, October 04, 2010 12:51:22 pm Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Farkas Levente (lfarkas@lfarkas.org) said:
> > On 10/04/2010 07:17 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > > If you've installed with/played with the RHEL 6 betas, you'll notice
> > > that the package groups are significantly different than they are
> > > in RHEL 5 and Fedora. The current EPEL 6 comps file follows this
> > > older set of groups.
> > >
> > > Does anyone mind if I modify it to more closely match the RHEL 6
> > > groups?
> >
> > if you already modify it. it'd be useful to add to the rhel-6 groups the
> > "buildsys-build" group too (which is missing from the betas).
>
> buildsys-build is in EPEL comps. I believe it's not in the RHEL comps
> file b/c there's not a consumer of that data in RHEL itself, but I
> could be wrong.

your correct

Dennis