Old 10-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Jeff Sheltren

Default cfengine 3 in EPEL 6

cfengine 2 is no longer actively maintained upstream. I am building
cfengine 3 for EPEL 6, though due to extensive changes between v2 and
v3 I am planning to leave EL4 and EL5 alone.

-Jeff

Old 10-02-2010, 03:22 PM
seth vidal

On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 06:47 -0700, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> cfengine 2 is no longer actively maintained upstream. I am building
> cfengine 3 for EPEL 6, though due to extensive changes between v2 and
> v3 I am planning to leave EL4 and EL5 alone.

See - this is good behavior.

Careful, planned, not-disruptive to the people who need their systems to
be reliable.

Thank You

-sv

Old 10-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Jussi Lehtola

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 06:47:29 -0700
Jeff Sheltren <jeff@osuosl.org> wrote:

> cfengine 2 is no longer actively maintained upstream. I am building
> cfengine 3 for EPEL 6, though due to extensive changes between v2 and
> v3 I am planning to leave EL4 and EL5 alone.

Can cfengine3 clients use cfengine2 servers? If not, it might be
worthwhile to have either

a) cfengine3 packages in el4 and el5
or
b) cfengine2 packages in >=F14 (<F14 seems to have cfengine2).

as people might want to maintain new Fedoras with an EL5 install..?
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor

Old 10-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Jeff Sheltren

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Jussi Lehtola
<jussilehtola@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Can cfengine3 clients use cfengine2 servers?

Yes they can (and vice-versa).

-Jeff