FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > EPEL Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Jose Pedro Oliveira
 
Default EPEL Meeting....

On 2010-09-27 16:10, Mark Chappell wrote:
> Of course what we forgot to do at the last meeting was rubber-stamp a
> change of time.
>
> So...
>
> Since 1930 UTC resulted in possibly the largest turnout we've had in
> quite some time, I suggest we go for that again, book out
> #fedora-meeting (just to keep Kevin happy) and sign off on it in the
> meeting this "evening" as the first order of business
>
> After attacking the EPEL queues a little, some fun things to bring up
> at the meeting (they've been sitting unanswered in tickets for a
> significant period of time)
>
> ClamAV - Is currently FUBAR any kind soul willing to get it working again?
>
> Qemu - Still overrides a RHEL binary
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=569616
>
> Packages to nuke ? :
> python-suds - very knackered in E4
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=537021
> bugzilla - Many messed up deps in EL4 (ask for a reversion back to a
> working version?)
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=515250
> bucardo - Needs package versions not available in EL5 (never worked)
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=570321
>
> Oh and on my actions from the last meeting attached is the rough
> status (package, owner, built or unbuilt) of the EPEL packages, note
> I'm aware that some of these are red herrings, but the numbers aren't
> looking brilliant...

Could someone also add lua to the list?

The EPEL5 lua problems were reported in ticket

* Bug 629437 - lua: please update to version-release >= 8.1.4-2

and in the mailing list thread

*
https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2010-September/msg00044.html

Regards,
jpo
--
Josť Pedro Oliveira
* mailto:jpo@di.uminho.pt *

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 09-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Mark Chappell
 
Default EPEL Meeting....

> Oh and on my actions from the last meeting attached is the rough
> status (package, owner, built or unbuilt) of the EPEL packages, note
> I'm aware that some of these are red herrings, but the numbers aren't
> looking brilliant...

*cough*

Attached
_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 09-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Michael Stahnke
 
Default EPEL Meeting....

Status on items from 2 weeks ago.
* stahnma will break dep emails up into 2 (one for stable, one for
testing)

Still doing this manually. I haven't taken the time to fix this
really. I did send out an update today.

* stahnma will mail maintainers of broken dep packages

Haven't started.


* stahnma to write down whiteboard process for bugs.

Talked to Tremble about it. He has been cleaning up the bug list nicely.


* all to work on bugs and try and close at least 1/week.

Closed at least one bug per week in the last 3 weeks


* stahnma will send an email to list about crazy BuildRoot error
messages

sent.


No action items assigned last week according to meetbot.

I recall thinking we would go over broken deps and start pulling
package in stable that have broken deps.

I have been working on most of the ruby ones trying to fix them up.
It's a long journey. The only package I think I won't be able to get,
at least for the time being, is ruby-dbus. That can be
pulled/blocked.




stahnma

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 09-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Kevin Fenzi
 
Default EPEL Meeting....

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:40:00 +0200
Mark Chappell <tremble@tremble.org.uk> wrote:

> > Oh and on my actions from the last meeting attached is the rough
> > status (package, owner, built or unbuilt) of the EPEL packages, note
> > I'm aware that some of these are red herrings, but the numbers
> > aren't looking brilliant...
>
> *cough*
>
> Attached

How about we spam maintainers one more time and do something like:

"We've noticed you haven't built your EPEL6 package(s) yet.

Since we would like to see a nice thriving ecosystem of packages, we
would like to mass orphan packages in EL6 that have not yet been built.
Then, interested folks could pick them up and build and maintain them.

If you intend to build, but just haven't had a chance yet, feel free to
re-take ownership of the packages or join back as co-maintainer."

Or is that too harsh?

kevin
_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 09-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Michael Stahnke
 
Default EPEL Meeting....

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 3:31 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:40:00 +0200
> Mark Chappell <tremble@tremble.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> > Oh and on my actions from the last meeting attached is the rough
>> > status (package, owner, built or unbuilt) of the EPEL packages, note
>> > I'm aware that some of these are red herrings, but the numbers
>> > aren't looking brilliant...
>>
>> *cough*
>>
>> Attached
>
> How about we spam maintainers one more time and do something like:
>
> "We've noticed you haven't built your EPEL6 package(s) yet.
>
> Since we would like to see a nice thriving ecosystem of packages, we
> would like to mass orphan packages in EL6 that have not yet been built.
> Then, interested folks could pick them up and build and maintain them.
>
> If you intend to build, but just haven't had a chance yet, feel free to
> re-take ownership of the packages or join back as co-maintainer."
>
> Or is that too harsh?
>
> kevin
>
> _______________________________________________
> epel-devel-list mailing list
> epel-devel-list@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
>
>
I'd be fine with it, but I am direct and harsh

stahnma

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 09-28-2010, 05:23 AM
Mark Chappell
 
Default EPEL Meeting....

On 27 September 2010 22:31, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:40:00 +0200
> How about we spam maintainers one more time and do something like:
>
> "We've noticed you haven't built your EPEL6 package(s) yet.
>
> Since we would like to see a nice thriving ecosystem of packages, we
> would like to mass orphan packages in EL6 that have not yet been built.
> Then, interested folks could pick them up and build and maintain them.
>
> If you intend to build, but just haven't had a chance yet, feel free to
> re-take ownership of the packages or join back as co-maintainer."
>
> Or is that too harsh?

I have no problems with harsh however, RHEL-6 isn't GA at this point,
I'd say that we spam them one last time with "Any packages not built
by the EPEL meeting on October 11 (date pulled from thin air) will be
orphaned"


Mark

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 09-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Orion Poplawski
 
Default EPEL Meeting....

On 09/27/2010 11:23 PM, Mark Chappell wrote:

On 27 September 2010 22:31, Kevin Fenzi<kevin@scrye.com> wrote:

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:40:00 +0200
How about we spam maintainers one more time and do something like:

"We've noticed you haven't built your EPEL6 package(s) yet.

Since we would like to see a nice thriving ecosystem of packages, we
would like to mass orphan packages in EL6 that have not yet been built.
Then, interested folks could pick them up and build and maintain them.

If you intend to build, but just haven't had a chance yet, feel free to
re-take ownership of the packages or join back as co-maintainer."

Or is that too harsh?


I have no problems with harsh however, RHEL-6 isn't GA at this point,
I'd say that we spam them one last time with "Any packages not built
by the EPEL meeting on October 11 (date pulled from thin air) will be
orphaned"


Just remember that there are still packages missing from the EPEL builders,
e.g. fftw, that are preventing other packages from being built.


--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222
NWRA/CoRA Division FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane orion@cora.nwra.com
Boulder, CO 80301 http://www.cora.nwra.com

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:35 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org