Old 09-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

Default RFC: Removal of asterisk from EPEL-4/5

Looking at the broken deps we have the sound files but not the general
asterisk packages in EL-5. I think there are non-trivial problems with
compiling asterisk on EL-5 which caused infrastructure to use either
Fedora or EL-6b to run asterisk on. I would like that we have the
existing asterisk packages removed if we can not rectify the main
asterisk package.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Michael Stahnke

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at the broken deps we have the sound files but not the general
> asterisk packages in EL-5. I think there are non-trivial problems with
> compiling asterisk on EL-5 which caused infrastructure to use either
> Fedora or EL-6b to run asterisk on. I would like that we have the
> existing asterisk packages removed if we can not rectify the main
> asterisk package.
>
> --
> Stephen J Smoogen.
> “The core skill of innovators is error recovery, not failure avoidance.”
> Randy Nelson, President of Pixar University.
> "We have a strategic plan. It's called doing things.""
> — Herb Kelleher, founder Southwest Airlines

+1