-   -   NOTICE: Mediawiki update plan (http://www.linux-archive.org/epel-development/424496-notice-mediawiki-update-plan.html)

Stephen John Smoogen 09-08-2010 05:02 PM

NOTICE: Mediawiki update plan

This was originally announced almost a year ago, but I thought I had a
better solution which took me longer to get right because well I was
doing it all wrong. However I think I have fixed all those issues and
am ready to get reviews.

http://smooge.fedorapeople.org/mediawiki/

I need initial testing and feedback on these packages. They are NOT
1:1 drop in replacements with the current mediawiki RPM.

1) mediawiki-math is removed. A person who installed mediawiki got it
automatically and only if you only installed mediawiki-nomath did you
not get it.
2) I have removed the sharedpath patch as implemented before with a
smaller one that not as functional meets upstreams view.
3) The packages are parallel installable. I have tested this on
minimal build systems and it seems to work well. I need more eyes
though because I might have foo'd something
4) I need help on figuring out the best way to deal with current
mediawiki in the repository.

Thanks

--
Stephen J Smoogen.