Old 09-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Mark Chappell

Default RHEL-6 vs EPEL-6 versions

As I understand it, it was agreed that where we ship versions of
packages that Red Hat ship we were going to try to ship rebuilds of the
Red Hat SRPMs. This was primarily intended for things like the the perl
tree where there's a whole slew of perl packages that aren't available
for certain architectures.

I've re-run my script for comparing the versions and we have a batch of
packages with non-matching versions which we may as well tidy up now.

Hopefully GA isn't too far away now, since it was mentioned by a Red Hat
employee on the Beta list that there were no more Betas anticipated.
Once we hit GA we can possibly look into automating reminders of any
mismatches.

The script is based off what's tagged into dist-6E-epel in koji and a
repoquery against http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/rhel/beta/5.90Server/

Spot/Marcela/James, since the perl stack is dear to my heart I've
applied for commit privs on your affected perl packages and am quite
happy to keep an eye on this side of things.

==================================
Version Mismatch :
==================================
RHEL: cairomm-1.8.0-2.1.el6
EPEL: cairomm-1.8.4-2.el6

RHEL: febootstrap-2.7-1.el6.1
EPEL: febootstrap-2.7-1.el6

RHEL: ht2html-2.0-10.1.el6
EPEL: ht2html-2.0-10.el6

RHEL: perl-Class-Accessor-0.31-6.1.el6
EPEL: perl-Class-Accessor-0.31-6.el6

RHEL: perl-Class-Data-Inheritable-0.08-3.1.el6
EPEL: perl-Class-Data-Inheritable-0.08-5.el6

RHEL: perl-Class-Trigger-0.13-2.1.el6
EPEL: perl-Class-Trigger-0.14-2.el6

RHEL: perl-Config-Simple-4.59-5.1.el6
EPEL: perl-Config-Simple-4.59-5.el6

RHEL: perl-File-Copy-Recursive-0.38-4.el6
EPEL: perl-File-Copy-Recursive-0.38-6.el6

RHEL: perl-Font-AFM-1.20-3.1.el6
EPEL: perl-Font-AFM-1.20-5.el6

RHEL: perl-HTML-Format-2.04-11.1.el6
EPEL: perl-HTML-Format-2.04-13.el6

RHEL: perl-Syntax-Highlight-Engine-Kate-0.04-5.1.el6
EPEL: perl-Syntax-Highlight-Engine-Kate-0.04-1.el6

The packages with matching versions are as follows...

==================================
Version Match :
==================================
RHEL: libart_lgpl-2.3.20-5.1.el6
EPEL: libart_lgpl-2.3.20-5.1.el6

RHEL: perl-B-Keywords-1.09-3.1.el6
EPEL: perl-B-Keywords-1.09-3.1.el6

RHEL: perl-Devel-Cycle-1.10-3.1.el6
EPEL: perl-Devel-Cycle-1.10-3.1.el6

RHEL: perl-Exception-Class-1.29-1.1.el6
EPEL: perl-Exception-Class-1.29-1.1.el6

RHEL: perl-Locale-PO-0.21-2.1.el6
EPEL: perl-Locale-PO-0.21-2.1.el6

RHEL: perl-Module-Find-0.08-3.el6
EPEL: perl-Module-Find-0.08-3.el6

RHEL: perl-Net-SMTP-SSL-1.01-4.el6
EPEL: perl-Net-SMTP-SSL-1.01-4.el6

RHEL: perl-PadWalker-1.9-1.el6
EPEL: perl-PadWalker-1.9-1.el6

RHEL: perl-Perl-Critic-1.105-2.el6
EPEL: perl-Perl-Critic-1.105-2.el6

RHEL: perl-Pod-Spell-1.01-6.1.el6
EPEL: perl-Pod-Spell-1.01-6.1.el6

RHEL: perl-String-Format-1.15-2.1.el6
EPEL: perl-String-Format-1.15-2.1.el6

RHEL: perl-Test-Memory-Cycle-1.04-7.1.el6
EPEL: perl-Test-Memory-Cycle-1.04-7.1.el6

RHEL: perl-Test-Perl-Critic-1.01-7.1.el6
EPEL: perl-Test-Perl-Critic-1.01-7.1.el6

RHEL: perl-Test-Spelling-0.11-5.1.el6
EPEL: perl-Test-Spelling-0.11-5.1.el6

RHEL: perl-XML-TokeParser-0.05-2.1.el6
EPEL: perl-XML-TokeParser-0.05-2.1.el6

Old 09-01-2010, 05:09 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 11:13:14AM +0100, Mark Chappell wrote:
> As I understand it, it was agreed that where we ship versions of
> packages that Red Hat ship we were going to try to ship rebuilds of the
> Red Hat SRPMs. This was primarily intended for things like the the perl
> tree where there's a whole slew of perl packages that aren't available
> for certain architectures.

The above doesn't seem to apply to:

> RHEL: febootstrap-2.7-1.el6.1
> EPEL: febootstrap-2.7-1.el6

The latest RHEL 6 package is in fact febootstrap-2.7-1.2.el6, uploaded
on 2010-07-06. It *should* be available on all architectures AFAIK.

In any case, there is no need to rebuild this for EPEL. You can just
drop this package from EPEL 6 if it is there.

Rich.

libguestfs lets you edit virtual machines. Supports shell scripting,
bindings from many languages. http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/
See what it can do: http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/recipes.html

Old 09-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Mark Chappell

On 1 September 2010 18:09, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 11:13:14AM +0100, Mark Chappell wrote:
>> As I understand it, it was agreed that where we ship versions of
>> packages that Red Hat ship we were going to try to ship rebuilds of the
>> Red Hat SRPMs. *This was primarily intended for things like the the perl
>> tree where there's a whole slew of perl packages that aren't available
>> for certain architectures.
>
> The above doesn't seem to apply to:
>
>> RHEL: febootstrap-2.7-1.el6.1
>> EPEL: febootstrap-2.7-1.el6
>
> The latest RHEL 6 package is in fact febootstrap-2.7-1.2.el6, uploaded
> on 2010-07-06. *It *should* be available on all architectures AFAIK.

Beta2 refresh I presume changed it...

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/rhel/beta/5.90Server/source/SRPMS/febootstrap-2.7-1.el6.1.src.rpm
30/June/10

> In any case, there is no need to rebuild this for EPEL. *You can just
> drop this package from EPEL 6 if it is there.

That makes life even simpler.

Mark

Old 09-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Mark Chappell

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> The latest RHEL 6 package is in fact febootstrap-2.7-1.2.el6, uploaded
> on 2010-07-06. It *should* be available on all architectures AFAIK.

Apparently only x86_64

> In any case, there is no need to rebuild this for EPEL. You can just
> drop this package from EPEL 6 if it is there.

Apparently you built it...

Mark

Old 09-16-2010, 10:31 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 03:31:20PM +0100, Mark Chappell wrote:
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > The latest RHEL 6 package is in fact febootstrap-2.7-1.2.el6, uploaded
> > on 2010-07-06. It *should* be available on all architectures AFAIK.
>
> Apparently only x86_64

Right, because we're only shipping virtualization stuff on
x86-64 in RHEL 6.

> > In any case, there is no need to rebuild this for EPEL. You can just
> > drop this package from EPEL 6 if it is there.
>
> Apparently you built it...

I don't recall rebuilding it for EL-6, but if I did it was a mistake.