Old 08-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Mark Chappell

Default Catalyst in EPEL 6

Edward Trochim wrote:
> We are seriously considering using Catalyst for a new webapp we will be developing soon and we want to be able to deploy it using the same mechanisms as all our other software. We could use CPAN, and we are prepared to go that route if we need to, but we would prefer to keep everything in RPMs. There are actually several deployment strategies I am investigating right now, this is just one of them.

Are you already a Fedora Packager? If so then cweyl seems quite happy
to let people maintain his packages over in EPEL.

The packages I've not built yet in that list are because I've not had
chance to chase done the last few dependencies and I've been on holiday
and am about to move country. I'm willing to help co-maintain the extra
packages in EPEL, but I'm unlikely to be doing that much over the next 2
to 3 weeks.

Mark

Old 08-25-2010, 04:11 AM
Iain Arnell

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Mark Chappell <tremble@tremble.org.uk> wrote:
> Edward Trochim wrote:
>> We are seriously considering using Catalyst for a new webapp we will be developing soon and we want to be able to deploy it using the same mechanisms as all our other software. We could use CPAN, and we are prepared to go that route if we need to, but we would prefer to keep everything in RPMs. There are actually several deployment strategies I am investigating right now, this is just one of them.
>
> Are you already a Fedora Packager?

In his original post, Edward indicated that he's not.

> If so then cweyl seems quite happy
> to let people maintain his packages over in EPEL.
>
> The packages I've not built yet in that list are because I've not had
> chance to chase done the last few dependencies and I've been on holiday
> and am about to move country. *I'm willing to help co-maintain the extra
> packages in EPEL, but I'm unlikely to be doing that much over the next 2
> to 3 weeks.

I'd be happy to co-maintain cweyl's packages with you. I'll fire off a
bunch of SCM admin requests later today and start pushing some builds.

--
Iain.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Edward Trochim

On Aug 24, 2010, at 8:11 PM, Iain Arnell wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Mark Chappell <tremble@tremble.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Are you already a Fedora Packager?
>
> In his original post, Edward indicated that he's not.

This is correct.

>> If so then cweyl seems quite happy
>> to let people maintain his packages over in EPEL.
>>
>> The packages I've not built yet in that list are because I've not had
>> chance to chase done the last few dependencies and I've been on holiday
>> and am about to move country. I'm willing to help co-maintain the extra
>> packages in EPEL, but I'm unlikely to be doing that much over the next 2
>> to 3 weeks.
>
> I'd be happy to co-maintain cweyl's packages with you. I'll fire off a
> bunch of SCM admin requests later today and start pushing some builds.

This sounds fantastic. Thanks to both of you for your help.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Iain Arnell

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Edward Trochim <ejtrochim@alaska.edu> wrote:

> This sounds fantastic. Thanks to both of you for your help.

Okay, phase 1 is just about complete. Between us, Mark and I got
everything for perl-Catalyst-Devel built (and mostly updated to latest
version from CPAN). To be useful, though, I guess we need model and
view too. There's another handful of deps for
Catalyst::Model:BIC::Schema and Catalyst::View::TT, again mostly
owned by Chris (Heap and Class-Unload are Marcela's).

perl-Graph (*)
perl-Path-Class (* needs updating in EPEL to 0.18)
perl-Spreadsheet-ParseExcel (*)
perl-Heap
perl-Catalyst-Model-DBIC-Schema
perl-Catalyst-View-TT
perl-CatalystX-Component-Traits
perl-Class-Accessor-Grouped (needs updating to 0.09005 in rawhide)
perl-Class-Base
perl-Class-C3-Componentised
perl-Class-DBI-Plugin-DeepAbstractSearch
perl-Class-MakeMethods
perl-Class-Unload
perl-Context-Preserve
perl-Data-Dumper-Concise
perl-DateTime-Format-Pg
perl-DateTime-Format-SQLite
perl-DBIx-Class (needs updating to 0.08123 in rawhide)
perl-DBIx-Class-Schema-Loader
perl-JSON-Any
perl-MooseX-Traits-Pluggable
perl-MooseX-Types-JSON
perl-MooseX-Types-Path-Class
perl-SQL-Translator (needs updating to 0.11006 in rawhide)
perl-Template-Provider-Encoding
perl-Template-Timer
perl-Text-RecordParser
perl-Text-TabularDisplay

and one new package for Math-Base36 is required to build the latest
version of DBIx-Class. If Mark doesn't beat me to it, I'll fire off
another bunch of branch requests and start building these too.

(*) already branched - just needs to be built

--
Iain.