Old 06-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Farkas Levente

Default using rhel-6 as a buildhost

hi,
what's is the plan about the buildhost os? is it safe to switch to
rhel-6 as a buildhost for both epel-5 and epel-6? i mean mock, koji yum
etc be able to build correct epel-5 packages?
thanks in advance.
regards.

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"

Old 06-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 16:48:12 +0200
Farkas Levente <lfarkas@lfarkas.org> wrote:

> hi,
> what's is the plan about the buildhost os? is it safe to switch to
> rhel-6 as a buildhost for both epel-5 and epel-6? i mean mock, koji
> yum etc be able to build correct epel-5 packages?
> thanks in advance.
> regards.

You mean the EPEL builders? Or for building things locally?

In any case there has only been beta1 released, so I wouldn't use it
for production currently. Once the final is out we will likely move
things over to it. I would expect it would mostly work out of the box.

kevin