Old 06-03-2010, 06:05 AM
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Default EPEL needs new packages for PostgreSQL 8.4 packages in RHEL5

Now that we have PostgreSQL 8.4 in RHEL 5.5 as a separate package set,
we need various updates to EPEL to satisfy dependencies for 8.4.

A bug was already filed for postgis. Other packages that comes to my
mind are:

* geos (Devrim)
* proj (Devrim)
* pgadmin3 (Devrim)
* mapserver (Devrim)
* postgresql-table_log (Devrim)
* postgreql-pgpool-II (Devrim)
* postgresql-ip4r (Devrim)
* postgresql-odbc (Tom)
* postgresql-jdbc (Tom)

These should be new packages, so a 84 suffix will be added to each
package. -jdbc and -odbc are not EPEL packages actually. Tom, would you
like to add new packages to RHEL repo, or?

I bet there will be more side effects of these packages, like grass,
gdal, rhdb-utils,

Unless anyone objects or anyone presents another idea, I will create new
package review requests in bugzilla and get these new packages out of
the door.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org
http://www.gunduz.org Twitter: http://twitter.com/devrimgunduz

Old 06-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Tom Lane

Devrim =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=DCND=DCZ?= <fedora-list@gunduz.org> writes:
> These should be new packages, so a 84 suffix will be added to each
> package. -jdbc and -odbc are not EPEL packages actually. Tom, would you
> like to add new packages to RHEL repo, or?

I don't foresee getting -jdbc and -odbc updates into RHEL5 (I felt
extremely fortunate to get the core Postgres update in). If you want
to maintain such in EPEL, feel free.

regards, tom lane

Old 06-04-2010, 05:03 AM
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

> I don't foresee getting -jdbc and -odbc updates into RHEL5 (I felt
> extremely fortunate to get the core Postgres update in). If you want
> to maintain such in EPEL, feel free.

Ok. I'll submit those packages as well.