Old 05-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Chris Adams

Default No dependency check in EPEL?

Is there any plan to add a dependency check before pushing packages in
EPEL? I just noticed that the latest horde-enhanced depends on
php-pecl-Fileinfo, which is not available in EPEL. It would be better
to check those dependencies before releasing packages (at least before
moving them from testing to release).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>

Old 05-15-2010, 01:03 AM
R P Herrold

Is there any plan to add a dependency check before pushing packages in
EPEL? I just noticed that the latest horde-enhanced depends on
php-pecl-Fileinfo, which is not available in EPEL. It would be better
to check those dependencies before releasing packages (at least before
moving them from testing to release).

here, I think you mean a check that there is repository
'closure' across a defined list of archives? ?

-- Russ herrold

Old 05-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Fri, 14 May 2010 08:12:15 -0500
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net> wrote:

> Is there any plan to add a dependency check before pushing packages in
> EPEL? I just noticed that the latest horde-enhanced depends on
> php-pecl-Fileinfo, which is not available in EPEL. It would be better
> to check those dependencies before releasing packages (at least before
> moving them from testing to release).

Hopefully we can leverage the AutoQA tests for this.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AutoQA

kevin