Old 04-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Michael Stahnke

Default Transmission

After battling a while trying to get either a newer version of
transmission into EPEL or back-porting security fixes for it, I have
decided I don't have the skills nor desire to continue working on it,
specifically because I don't use transmission. If somebody else is
interested in getting the fixes taken care of with it, please do so.
Otherwise it needs to be dropped from EPEL.

stahnma

Old 02-05-2012, 12:02 AM
cletusjenkins

Is there any problems in general with bittorrent lately? I tried to launch transmission yesterday and this evening and had issues. I see no traffic up or down, and when it starts up all my torrents are paused, even the ones I'm just seeding. I "start" them and I check later and they are all paused again. transmission, et al are fully updated squeeze.

-- clet
debian is my main squeeze

Old 02-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Scott Ferguson

On 05/02/12 12:02, cletusjenkins wrote:
> Is there any problems in general with bittorrent lately? I tried to
> launch transmission yesterday and this evening and had issues. I see
> no traffic up or down, and when it starts up all my torrents are
> paused, even the ones I'm just seeding. I "start" them and I check
> later and they are all paused again. transmission, et al are fully
> updated squeeze.
>
> -- clet debian is my main squeeze

Your ISP is?
Some block known bittorrent ports, it's been alleged some you deep
packet inspection to find and block bittorrent tranfers. Definitely some
ISPs use igorance of bittorrent (claim it's all piracy) to throttle
bittorrent connections.

Try changing the default ports.
Check your firewall settings.
Try using a hash for something that has a lot of current peers.
Also search for bittorrent port testing pages (I believe uTorrent has
something like that)

Kind regards

NOTE: new update available for Debian Buttons
(New button for querying Debian Developer Package):-
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/debian-buttons/

Old 02-05-2012, 12:34 AM
Kai-Martin Knaak

cletusjenkins wrote:

> Is there any problems in general with bittorrent lately? I tried to
> launch transmission yesterday and this evening and had issues. I see
> no traffic up or down, and when it starts up all my torrents are
> paused, even the ones I'm just seeding.

Just tried it --> Everything is working fine, here. My system is
wheezy, updated every two or three days.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@familieknaak.de

Old 02-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Tomas Volka

On So 04-02-12 | 17:02, cletusjenkins wrote:

> Is there any problems in general with bittorrent lately? I tried to
> launch transmission yesterday and this evening and had issues. I see no
> traffic up or down, and when it starts up all my torrents are paused,
> even the ones I'm just seeding. I "start" them and I check later and
> they are all paused again. transmission, et al are fully updated squeeze.

Just checked and everything works perfectly (squeeze and transmission).

T.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Tony Baldwin

On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 02:52:20PM +0100, Tomas Volka wrote:
> On So 04-02-12 | 17:02, cletusjenkins wrote:
>
> > Is there any problems in general with bittorrent lately? I tried to
> > launch transmission yesterday and this evening and had issues. I see no
> > traffic up or down, and when it starts up all my torrents are paused,
> > even the ones I'm just seeding. I "start" them and I check later and
> > they are all paused again. transmission, et al are fully updated squeeze.
>
> Just checked and everything works perfectly (squeeze and transmission).
>
> T.

Works fine here, too.
I do have to use encryption, however, as my ISP has been blocking any
torrenting for some time (comcast/xfinity).

./tony

--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me
all tony, all the time!