Old 02-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

Default Alpine-2.0 for RHEL-4

I saw that alpine-2.0 is in for RHEL-5 but not for EL-4. Is there a
reason as it not working?

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux

Old 02-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Rex Dieter

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> I saw that alpine-2.0 is in for RHEL-5 but not for EL-4. Is there a
> reason as it not working?

Shouldn't be. I just haven't any EL-4 boxen to test, but if someone else
would be willing to do that, I'd be happy to build it.

-- Rex

Old 02-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Rex Dieter

Rex Dieter wrote:

> Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>
>> I saw that alpine-2.0 is in for RHEL-5 but not for EL-4. Is there a
>> reason as it not working?
>
> Shouldn't be. I just haven't any EL-4 boxen to test, but if someone else
> would be willing to do that, I'd be happy to build it.

fwiw, building now,
http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/build-status/job.psp?uid=1374

(totally forgot that we had an older alpine-1.10 build there).

-- Rex

Old 02-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Manuel Wolfshant

I saw that alpine-2.0 is in for RHEL-5 but not for EL-4. Is there a
reason as it not working?

Shouldn't be. I just haven't any EL-4 boxen to test, but if someone else
would be willing to do that, I'd be happy to build it.

fwiw, building now,
http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/build-status/job.psp?uid=1374

(totally forgot that we had an older alpine-1.10 build there).

i've just done a minimal test (setup preferences + sending a mail) and
it worked OK

Old 02-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter@math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>
>> I saw that alpine-2.0 is in for RHEL-5 but not for EL-4. Is there a
>> reason as it not working?
>
> Shouldn't be. I just haven't any EL-4 boxen to test, but if someone else
> would be willing to do that, I'd be happy to build it.

I built it out of CVS via mockbuild last night and tested it on our
boxes. Worked for me. Need an 'official' one to say it really works.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux

Old 02-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Tom Diehl

I saw that alpine-2.0 is in for RHEL-5 but not for EL-4. Is there a
reason as it not working?

Shouldn't be. I just haven't any EL-4 boxen to test, but if someone else
would be willing to do that, I'd be happy to build it.

I built it out of CVS via mockbuild last night and tested it on our
boxes. Worked for me. Need an 'official' one to say it really works.

Just curious, if you select, for instance a pdf attachment to view in alpine
does it display or do you get a file not found error? When I do that the pdf
viewer opens but I get a file not found error.

If this works for you, does anyone know how to troubleshoot this?

Tom Diehl tdiehl@rogueind.com Spamtrap address mtd123@rogueind.com