-   -   perl-Date-Manip upgrades/obsoletes perl-DateManip from RHEL/CentOS (http://www.linux-archive.org/epel-development/210243-perl-date-manip-upgrades-obsoletes-perl-datemanip-rhel-centos.html)

Ville Skyttä 12-11-2008 05:57 PM

On Saturday 06 December 2008, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> # yum update
> [...]
> Installing:
> perl-Date-Manip noarch 5.48-3.el5 epel 166
> k replacing perl-DateManip.noarch 5.44-1.2.1
>
> perl-DateManip is a package included in CentOS and I'm pretty certain RHEL
> as well, so I suppose the obsoleting EPEL perl-Date-Manip package should be
> pulled ASAP.

Umm, *ping*? Nobody has responded, and the problematic update is still in the
repo. Is this not the correct place to report the problem?

I could of course go through Bugzilla but I doubt the package's maintainer has
permissions needed to fix the problem so I suppose that'd just needlessly
slow down the resolution.

"Stephen John Smoogen" 12-11-2008 06:22 PM

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi> wrote:
> On Saturday 06 December 2008, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>> # yum update
>> [...]
>> Installing:
>> perl-Date-Manip noarch 5.48-3.el5 epel 166
>> k replacing perl-DateManip.noarch 5.44-1.2.1
>>
>> perl-DateManip is a package included in CentOS and I'm pretty certain RHEL
>> as well, so I suppose the obsoleting EPEL perl-Date-Manip package should be
>> pulled ASAP.
>
> Umm, *ping*? Nobody has responded, and the problematic update is still in the
> repo. Is this not the correct place to report the problem?
>
> I could of course go through Bugzilla but I doubt the package's maintainer has
> permissions needed to fix the problem so I suppose that'd just needlessly
> slow down the resolution.

Right place.. sorry I missed this and a lot of other emails. I will
see what we can do about this by Mondya. Sorry.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux

Dennis Gilmore 12-11-2008 06:26 PM

On Thursday 11 December 2008 12:57:24 pm Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Saturday 06 December 2008, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > # yum update
> > [...]
> > Installing:
> > perl-Date-Manip noarch 5.48-3.el5 epel
> > 166 k replacing perl-DateManip.noarch 5.44-1.2.1
> >
> > perl-DateManip is a package included in CentOS and I'm pretty certain
> > RHEL as well, so I suppose the obsoleting EPEL perl-Date-Manip package
> > should be pulled ASAP.
>
> Umm, *ping*? Nobody has responded, and the problematic update is still in
> the repo. Is this not the correct place to report the problem?
>
> I could of course go through Bugzilla but I doubt the package's maintainer
> has permissions needed to fix the problem so I suppose that'd just
> needlessly slow down the resolution.
the best place would be to email epel_signers-members@fedoraproject.org im
removing it now. with the mad rush of things at home. I missed your initial
email. Ive marked the package dead in cvs and will be talking to the owner
and co-maintainer.

Dennis

Ville Skyttä 12-13-2008 03:44 PM

On Thursday 11 December 2008, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Thursday 11 December 2008 12:57:24 pm Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > On Saturday 06 December 2008, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > > perl-DateManip is a package included in CentOS and I'm pretty certain
> > > RHEL as well, so I suppose the obsoleting EPEL perl-Date-Manip package
> > > should be pulled ASAP.
> >
> > Umm, *ping*? Nobody has responded, and the problematic update is still
> > in the repo. Is this not the correct place to report the problem?
> >
> > I could of course go through Bugzilla but I doubt the package's
> > maintainer has permissions needed to fix the problem so I suppose that'd
> > just needlessly slow down the resolution.
>
> the best place would be to email epel_signers-members@fedoraproject.org im
> removing it now. with the mad rush of things at home. I missed your
> initial email. Ive marked the package dead in cvs and will be talking to
> the owner and co-maintainer.

Thanks.