-   -   Supporting other repositories. (http://www.linux-archive.org/epel-development/189526-supporting-other-repositories.html)

"Stephen John Smoogen" 11-07-2008 05:10 PM

Supporting other repositories.

Ok loaded term but I was wondering if we could work with spacewalk,
ipa, ds, etc to support their work by including at least a
spacewalk-release or similar item. This would allow us to 'test' the
waters of working closer with the other layered upstreams. Basically
instead of having to hunt around for every different repository, we
work with the upstream project ot have a signed release that works
with the EPEL releases.

Anyway.. back to dealing with local stuff.. I figured I should fire it
off before I forget.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux

"Jon Ciesla" 11-07-2008 05:12 PM

Supporting other repositories.

> Ok loaded term but I was wondering if we could work with spacewalk,
> ipa, ds, etc to support their work by including at least a
> spacewalk-release or similar item. This would allow us to 'test' the
> waters of working closer with the other layered upstreams. Basically
> instead of having to hunt around for every different repository, we
> work with the upstream project ot have a signed release that works
> with the EPEL releases.

ipa and ds, perhaps, but wouldn't spacewalk, at least for now, require
Oracle?

> Anyway.. back to dealing with local stuff.. I figured I should fire it
> off before I forget.
>
> --
> Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux
> How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed
> in a naughty world. = Shakespeare. "The Merchant of Venice"

novus ordo absurdum