-   -   Temporary Leave of absence (http://www.linux-archive.org/epel-development/188997-temporary-leave-absence.html)

"Stephen John Smoogen" 11-06-2008 10:05 PM

Temporary Leave of absence

Due to a recent death of a co-worker/manager, my time available to
EPEL is going to be curtailed for the next 2 weeks as we begin to
rebuild things. Could someone run the next 2 EPEL meetings?

Thanks.

An item that needs to be looked at is if we need to have elections or
change of board membership. I am not sure that it is needed for a SIG,
but it could be.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux

"Karsten 'quaid' Wade" 11-07-2008 03:32 AM

Temporary Leave of absence

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 04:05:59PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> Due to a recent death of a co-worker/manager, my time available to
> EPEL is going to be curtailed for the next 2 weeks as we begin to
> rebuild things. Could someone run the next 2 EPEL meetings?

Nirik makes more sense to do it, IMO, but I'll make sure to be there
and take the gavel, if needed.

> Thanks.
>
> An item that needs to be looked at is if we need to have elections or
> change of board membership. I am not sure that it is needed for a SIG,
> but it could be.

SIGs do not have the same requirements on them as formal
sub-projects. If we are a SIG (we are), then we have a lot of
flexibility about governance, etc. If we want that formal sub-project
for any reason, elections are one of the requirements.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41

"Jon Ciesla" 11-07-2008 12:36 PM

Temporary Leave of absence

> Due to a recent death of a co-worker/manager, my time available to
> EPEL is going to be curtailed for the next 2 weeks as we begin to
> rebuild things. Could someone run the next 2 EPEL meetings?
>
> Thanks.
>
> An item that needs to be looked at is if we need to have elections or
> change of board membership. I am not sure that it is needed for a SIG,
> but it could be.

Do you need anyone to keep an eye on your packages?

> --
> Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux
> How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed
> in a naughty world. = Shakespeare. "The Merchant of Venice"

novus ordo absurdum

"Stephen John Smoogen" 11-07-2008 01:53 PM

Temporary Leave of absence

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 6:36 AM, Jon Ciesla <limb@jcomserv.net> wrote:

>> Due to a recent death of a co-worker/manager, my time available to
>> EPEL is going to be curtailed for the next 2 weeks as we begin to
>> rebuild things. Could someone run the next 2 EPEL meetings?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> An item that needs to be looked at is if we need to have elections or
>> change of board membership. I am not sure that it is needed for a SIG,
>> but it could be.
>
> Do you need anyone to keep an eye on your packages?

Thanks.. I had not thought of that. I probably do.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux

"Jon Ciesla" 11-07-2008 02:07 PM

Temporary Leave of absence

> On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 6:36 AM, Jon Ciesla <limb@jcomserv.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Due to a recent death of a co-worker/manager, my time available to
>>> EPEL is going to be curtailed for the next 2 weeks as we begin to
>>> rebuild things. Could someone run the next 2 EPEL meetings?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> An item that needs to be looked at is if we need to have elections or
>>> change of board membership. I am not sure that it is needed for a SIG,
>>> but it could be.
>>
>> Do you need anyone to keep an eye on your packages?
>>

> Thanks.. I had not thought of that. I probably do.

I see apg, mediawiki, plague and snort. Anything major or urgent, or just
watch the bugs?

"Stephen John Smoogen" 11-07-2008 03:09 PM

Temporary Leave of absence

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 8:07 AM, Jon Ciesla <limb@jcomserv.net> wrote:

>>> Do you need anyone to keep an eye on your packages?
>>>

>> Thanks.. I had not thought of that. I probably do.
>
> I see apg, mediawiki, plague and snort. Anything major or urgent, or just
> watch the bugs?

Just watch for bugs.. mediawiki and apg are my primary ones..
plague/snort I am backup on with others as primary.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux