-   -   page renaming ideas (http://www.linux-archive.org/epel-development/183635-page-renaming-ideas.html)

"Karsten 'quaid' Wade" 10-28-2008 06:47 PM

page renaming ideas

Based on a search for all page names with 'EPEL' in them[1], I got 91
pages. 50 of those pages are of the format 'EPEL/Report' and can be
moved to the Meetings: namespace. Below I picked out some samples and
show what they can be named using natural language. This improves
search, translation, and readability for the user.

EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies/PackageMaintenanceAndUpdates
=> Package_maintenance_guidelines_for_EPEL
EPEL/Reports/Week44
=> Meeting:EPEL_summary_YYYYMMDD
EPEL/ContributorStatus
=> Status_of_EPEL_contributors
EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies
=> EPEL_guidelines_and_policies
EPEL/Schedule
=> EPEL_schedule
EPEL/FAQ
=> Frequently_asked_questions_about_EPEL ... or ...
=> FAQ_about_EPEL
EPEL/Tasks/KojiAndBodhiForEpel
=> Koji_and_bodhi_for_EPEL
EPEL/PackageMaintainer/GenericJobDescription
=> Generic_job_description_for_package_maintainers
EPEL/Tasks
=> EPEL_tasks
EPEL/WishList
=> Package_wish_list_for_EPEL

In some cases, it is just putting spaces in to an already named page.
In all cases, these should go in to the [[Category:EPEL]], and some in
other categories, e.g. [[Category:EPEL_tasks]].

If you are on fedora-wiki-list, you'll see that the group is discussing
working with individual projects to check-in a CSV file with OldName|
New_name. The list gets run through wikibot, which changes the names,
fixes links, puts all in a master category, etc.

- Karsten
[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&ns0=1&redirs=0&sear chx=1&search=EPEL&limit=500&offset=0
--
Karsten Wade, Community Gardener
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org

Patrice Dumas 11-02-2008 12:49 PM

page renaming ideas

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:47:45PM -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> Based on a search for all page names with 'EPEL' in them[1], I got 91
> pages. 50 of those pages are of the format 'EPEL/Report' and can be
> moved to the Meetings: namespace. Below I picked out some samples and
> show what they can be named using natural language. This improves
> search, translation, and readability for the user.
>
> EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies/PackageMaintenanceAndUpdates
> => Package_maintenance_guidelines_for_EPEL

This page has moved, it is now
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies

> EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies
> => EPEL_guidelines_and_policies

Right.

> EPEL/ContributorStatus
> => Status_of_EPEL_contributors

Currently this now only lists packagers not interested in EPEL, but the
name is fine anyway.

> EPEL/Schedule
> => EPEL_schedule

Looks good (but the page has to be rewritten).

> EPEL/FAQ
> => Frequently_asked_questions_about_EPEL ... or ...
> => FAQ_about_EPEL

Both look good to me.

> EPEL/Tasks/KojiAndBodhiForEpel
> => Koji_and_bodhi_for_EPEL
> EPEL/PackageMaintainer/GenericJobDescription
> => Generic_job_description_for_package_maintainers

I'd prefer
Generic_job_description_for_EPEL

> EPEL/Tasks
> => EPEL_tasks
> EPEL/WishList
> => Package_wish_list_for_EPEL

Right.

There are other pages, here are my proposals:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/SteeringCommittee
=> EPEL_Steering_Committee

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/SIG
=> EPEL_SIG

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/About
=> About_EPEL

--
Pat

"Karsten 'quaid' Wade" 11-04-2008 06:30 PM

page renaming ideas

On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 02:49:45PM +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:

> There are other pages, here are my proposals:

Are other SIG members on fedora-wiki-list? We've been discussing how
we are all interacting on automating page changes (and links in, etc.)
using wikibot.

There is a git repo (gitwikirename) that everyone here should be able
to commit to. What we do is update the pipe-separated values (.psv)
file for EPEL. Any questions on that, ref. fedora-wiki-list.

- Karsten
--
Wade, Community Gardener
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org

Thorsten Leemhuis 11-05-2008 10:29 AM

page renaming ideas

There are other pages, here are my proposals:

Are other SIG members on fedora-wiki-list? We've been discussing how
we are all interacting on automating page changes (and links in, etc.)
using wikibot.

There is a git repo (gitwikirename) that everyone here should be able
to commit to. What we do is update the pipe-separated values (.psv)
file for EPEL. Any questions on that, ref. fedora-wiki-list.

I'd be glad if the wiki guys could consider to work on this
as the "New Organizational Schema" for the wiki made it a whole lot
harder for me to follow what happens in certain areas of the project
(like EPEL).

CU
knurd