Old 10-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Matthew Kent

Default rpms not in repodata

Wanted to double check that this is expected:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/SRPMS/repodata/primary.xml.gz

only lists the 2 most recent nagios-plugins releases while on disk we
have

nagios-plugins-1.4.11-2.el5.src.rpm
nagios-plugins-1.4.13-4.el5.src.rpm
nagios-plugins-1.4.6-3.el5.src.rpm

Goes against what I've typically seen of repodata reflecting the
contents of all rpms in the folder. In fact we have a script written on
this assumption, is it incorrect?

Thanks for all the hard work, EPEL is very handy
--
Matthew Kent SA bravenet.com

Old 10-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:48:18 -0700, Matthew Kent wrote:

> Wanted to double check that this is expected:
>
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/SRPMS/repodata/primary.xml.gz
>
> only lists the 2 most recent nagios-plugins releases while on disk we
> have
>
> nagios-plugins-1.4.11-2.el5.src.rpm
> nagios-plugins-1.4.13-4.el5.src.rpm
> nagios-plugins-1.4.6-3.el5.src.rpm
>
> Goes against what I've typically seen of repodata reflecting the
> contents of all rpms in the folder. In fact we have a script written on
> this assumption, is it incorrect?
>
> Thanks for all the hard work, EPEL is very handy

Looks somewhat as if the rsync script to Red Hat possibly doesn't
delete the old packages.

I no longer know how to log in to buildsys.fedoraproject.org to check the
primary repository where RepoPrune is run. After the incident, hosts have
been moved around, and I couldn't find docs in the Wiki...

Old 12-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Matthew Kent

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 23:04 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:48:18 -0700, Matthew Kent wrote:
>
> > Wanted to double check that this is expected:
> >
> > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/SRPMS/repodata/primary.xml.gz
> >
> > only lists the 2 most recent nagios-plugins releases while on disk we
> > have
> >
> > nagios-plugins-1.4.11-2.el5.src.rpm
> > nagios-plugins-1.4.13-4.el5.src.rpm
> > nagios-plugins-1.4.6-3.el5.src.rpm
> >
> > Goes against what I've typically seen of repodata reflecting the
> > contents of all rpms in the folder. In fact we have a script written on
> > this assumption, is it incorrect?
> >
> > Thanks for all the hard work, EPEL is very handy
>
> Looks somewhat as if the rsync script to Red Hat possibly doesn't
> delete the old packages.
>
> I no longer know how to log in to buildsys.fedoraproject.org to check the
> primary repository where RepoPrune is run. After the incident, hosts have
> been moved around, and I couldn't find docs in the Wiki...

fyi: in epel/5/{srpms,x86_64,i386} I'm seeing 919 old packages which
anyone rsync'ing is pulling down, probably needlessly.
--
Matthew Kent SA bravenet.com

Old 12-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Matthew Kent

Old 12-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 09:23:38 -0800
matt@bravenet.com (Matthew Kent) wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 23:04 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
...snip...

> > Looks somewhat as if the rsync script to Red Hat possibly doesn't
> > delete the old packages.
> >
> > I no longer know how to log in to buildsys.fedoraproject.org to
> > check the primary repository where RepoPrune is run. After the
> > incident, hosts have been moved around, and I couldn't find docs in
> > the Wiki...
>
> fyi: in epel/5/{srpms,x86_64,i386} I'm seeing 919 old packages which
> anyone rsync'ing is pulling down, probably needlessly.

Yeah, I see the same thing here.

Ticket filed with infrastructure to try and fix it:

kevin