Old 12-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Michael E Brown

Default Mock backport info: RHEL4

Mock users,

In the recent mock thread about updating mock for EPEL, several
people expressed interest in backporting mock to EPEL 4. I stated at the
time the port would not be possible due to use of decorators in the
code, which is not compatible with python 2.3 used in EL4.

I recently (as of mock 0.8.14), converted mock to use
python-decoratortools. This is part of "PEAK", and provides python
2.3-compatible decorators. This package is not currently (that I know
of) available in EPEL-4, but should be rather easily ported.

I dont know that there are any other major issues preventing a port
to RHEL4. I'm pretty sure it will work with yum 2.4.

So, for those wishing to try the port you should be able to checkout
current git master branch and try it out.

--
Michael