Old 06-03-2008, 01:13 PM
"Dorminy, Bill"

Default LTSP using Microsoft DHCP

I am very new to LTSP and have just set up a new Hardy Heron
machine using VMWare and followed the instructions on adding LTSP to that
install. I have been trying to start a new VMWare workstation to boot up using
PXE and recognize the server. I keep getting an error "Bad or missing PXE menu
and/or prompt information".

*

My DHCP server is a Microsoft 2003 server. I'm not sure what
scope options to set so that the DHCP server will point to the right place.
Does anyone have any experience with this set up?

*

Bill
Dorminy

Dougherty
County Schools

DCSS

Old 06-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Asmo Koskinen

Dorminy, Bill kirjoitti:

> My DHCP server is a Microsoft 2003 server. I'm not sure what scope
> options to set so that the DHCP server will point to the right place.
> Does anyone have any experience with this set up?

I did use something like this for a rehearsal - I have not upgraded from
6.06/LTSP4.2 to the 8.04, but I will at the end of summer:

http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/Edubuntu_Classroom_Server_7.10_x86_64_Windows_dhcp d.png

Old post:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net/msg33246.html
(links are broken, sorry...)