Old 05-31-2008, 07:50 AM
Asmo Koskinen

Default School's Out

Hi, in here Finland we have last school day today. So I shutdown my
servers for upgrade from Ubuntu 6.06/LTSP4.2 to the Ubuntu 8.04.

Uptime 221 - Linux rocks :-) (never mind cups...)

Master - http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP_htop_01.png
Salve - http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP_htop_02.png
Home - http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP_htop_03.png

Greetings from a land of the midnight sun:

http://www.visitfinland.com/w5/index.nsf/(Pages)/Midnight_Sun_and_Northern_Lights?opendocument&np=A

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Sameer Verma

Asmo Koskinen wrote:
> Hi, in here Finland we have last school day today. So I shutdown my
> servers for upgrade from Ubuntu 6.06/LTSP4.2 to the Ubuntu 8.04.
>
> Uptime 221 - Linux rocks :-) (never mind cups...)
>
> Master - http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP_htop_01.png
> Salve - http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP_htop_02.png
> Home - http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP_htop_03.png
>
> Greetings from a land of the midnight sun:
>
> http://www.visitfinland.com/w5/index.nsf/(Pages)/Midnight_Sun_and_Northern_Lights?opendocument&np=A

The "midnight sun" business is strange to get used to. I am currently in
Finland (Espoo) and even at night its really twilight! I woke up and
stepped out of my room at 12:21 am and to my surprise it felt like 8 pm
in San Francisco :-) It is a celebratory season and all the locals can
talk about is sauna, beer and bonfires :-)

Good luck with the 6.06>8.04 move. We will move to 8.04 as well in July.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University