Old 05-27-2008, 11:53 PM
nigel barker

Default Towards a simpler desktop environment: What is the current state of the art?

Yes, I had kids with whole toolbars full of bloody eyes last year. Not
good when visitors come around!
The kiosk tool works, though has some quirks with upgrades resetting
some customisations.
The KDE menu is not as short and structured as Gnome, but on the other
hand it tells you the name of the app and not just "editor". Overall I
am enjoying KDE and have no desire go back.

nigel