Old 05-18-2008, 01:24 PM
"R. Scott Belford"

Default Minimum Hardware Requirements

Aloha
I am wondering if the thin-client hardware requirements will be any higher or lower for 8.04?
It seems that as more people integrate fat/thick clients we will need three requirements, server, workstation, thin-client. *I am a little confused right now about whether I should reasonably expect my 64mb PII clients to work with 8.04 without excess tweaking.

If I read these two documents correctly, the requirements for 8.04 have gone up substantially, but it is only referred to as workstation in the draft cookbook.*
http://doc.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/edubuntu/handbook/C/workstation-hw.html

http://www.edubuntu.org/GettingStarted

--scott