Old 11-30-2007, 09:04 AM
"Denis Melnikov"

Default Advocacy and Success Stories (was: awesome video seriesabout edubuntu)

> Sorry about the cross-post, but this is not specific to a
> distribution.
>
> These are great videos.
>
> https://wiki.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuVideoIntroduction
>
> I'm looking for more advocacy/success story links that I can provide
> to a school for an introduction to LTSP. Especially stories of costs
> and maintenance savings would be helpful.

I think, before you get maintenance saving you'll spend much
time to make initial setup. You have at least to double this time
taking into account that your clients are Macs. You may reduce
the time if you don't need additional languages except English,
nor Gnome interface restriction which Sabayon is intended for,
nor anything else differing from default installation.
Moreover I'm not sure if printing is smooth on Macs.
The only way to avoid the initial time consumption is to
accept an installed system as is.

Wish you luck!
Denis