Old 05-10-2008, 07:22 AM
"Krsnendu dasa"

Default Customizing login screen for LTSP (LDM)

I would like to customize the log in screen and other graphics (such
as splash,) if possible, to include our school logo.
How can I do this?

Old 05-10-2008, 08:10 PM
francois

Le samedi 10 mai 2008 à 19:22 +1200, Krsnendu dasa a écrit :
> I would like to customize the log in screen and other graphics (such
> as splash,) if possible, to include our school logo.
> How can I do this?

In the same way, is it possible now to get identification messages in
locale language ("identifiant" instead of "username" for example).

I saw a "fr.po" a few month ago but seems it's not automatic yet.

Is it possible to add manualy a particular translation in the ltsp
chroot ?

François

Old 05-12-2008, 08:26 AM
"David Van Assche"

You can copy one of the existing themes, change it in a graphics program like gimp and then replace it with the actual ldm theme used.

The ldm themes are here: /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/ldm/themes/ and the one used is called default, though I believe its just a link from an existing theme, in this case edubuntu. So, copy edubuntu theme, edit it, replace it with the actual edubuntu theme, and link from default... Any language changes can be done in the same file...

Kind Regards,
David

Old 05-13-2008, 08:51 AM
"Ville Pöntinen"

Hi!

I found folders from /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/ldm/themes/. One of them
is named "edubuntu" and it seems to be in use. (There is link to
/etc/alternatives/ldm-theme which is link to
/usr/share/ldm/themes/edubuntu.)

In /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/ldm/themes/edubuntu I found png-images
that are in use on the ldm-screen and file called greeter-gtkrc. Where
can the language be customized or translated? I read greeter-gtkrc but
didn't see anything about language customization or selection...

I would translate the few phrases in ldm to Finnish.

But now that I've found this I'll put some students to customize the
graphics too, so thanks anyway!

Regards,

Ville Pontinen
Raisio, Finland