Old 11-29-2007, 05:22 PM

Default boot time ??

Hi !!
Having problem with that my clients boot very slow.
1.12 minuts to get to login screen och mayby 1 mint before desktop loads
efter login.

The server mount home and users from server with ldap and nfs.
using a 100 switch for the servers and a nother switch for the clients
connected togeter.

So the switch cound be slow is there som way testing conenctions betwen
client and server ??

But how long does it take for your clients to boot ??

// matte

Old 11-30-2007, 07:28 AM
"Denis Melnikov"

Hi,

> Hi !!
> Having problem with that my clients boot very slow.
> 1.12 minuts to get to login screen och mayby 1 mint before
> desktop loads
> efter login.
>
> The server mount home and users from server with ldap and nfs.
> using a 100 switch for the servers and a nother switch for the clients
> connected togeter.
>
> So the switch could be slow is there some way testing
> connections between client and server ??

Try to connect a client to servers' switch .

> But how long does it take for your clients to boot ??

1-1:10 min to get the login screen, 5-10 s to get desktop.
No NFS nor LDAP.

Denis