Old 05-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Kai Wollweber

Default video settings from ltsp4.2 dont work in Hardy

On Monday 05 May 2008 20:28:33 Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
>
> Am Montag, den 05.05.2008, 20:11 +0200 schrieb Kai Wollweber:
> > Hello,
> >
> > in one classroom we use a bunch of older igel terminals. On LTSP 4.2.
> > they work fine with XDMCP and the following configuration from lts.conf:
> >
> > [igel1]
> > X_SERVER = nsc
> > X_COLOR_DEPTH = 16
> > X_MODE_0 = 1024x768
> > X_VERTREFRESH = 56-75
> > X_HORZSYNC = 31-83
>
> "nsc" was replaced by "amd" some years ago and is now replaced by the
> "geode" driver ...
[snip]

Qualified answer 17 minutes after questioning.

Thanks alot Oliver!

--
Kai Wollweber
Integrierte Gesamtschule

Old 05-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Kai Wollweber

On Monday 05 May 2008 20:28:33 Oliver Grawert wrote:

> "nsc" was replaced by "amd" some years ago and is now replaced by the
> "geode" driver ...
> a fixed driver and xorg package is in the ppa [2] that is menitioned in
> the bugreport and testing would be appreciated to be sure we really get
> a solid version into hardy-updates for 8.04.1)
[...]
> [2]
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-geode/+bug/214
>119/comments/20

I installed xserver-xorg-video-geode from the in [2] given source into chroot.

> set SCREEN_07=ldm and SCREEN_02=shell in case you want to have a shell
> login on the client ... the ldm.log lies in /var/log on the client
> together with the Xorg.6.log

Then I set lts.conf to:
[default]
X_SERVER = geode
SCREEN_07 = ldm
SCREEN_02 = shell

The client still fails starting the xserver. The file Xorg.6.log shows some
suspicious facts (I could not save the file, so the following text does not
expresse exactly the file content):

1.)
The loaded video module is named "CYRIX" despite the setting in lts.conf.

2.)
Many Modelines are calculated, some of them are declined because of
insufficient video ram, but 1024x768 should be ok.

3.)
The File contains no line, which says that xserver start failed.

TIA
--
Kai Wollweber
Integrierte Gesamtschule

Old 05-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Oliver Grawert

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 06.05.2008, 18:18 +0200 schrieb Kai Wollweber:
> X_SERVER = geode
how about trying again without underscore here ?

ciao
oli